Do you need a reason to break up with someone?

I'm no longer happy in my relationship, is that reason enough to break up with someone? It's not anything he's doing wrong or me, but I just don't feel the same about him anymore

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want out of the relationship, that's a reason right there.
    He doesn't need to lie/cheat on you/hurt you or do something else you don't approve of. If you don't feel the same anymore, and don't see yourself in the future with him, it's ok to break up. And generally, once you start feeling this way, you can hardly go back.
    Besides, would you want someone being in a relationship with you and feeling this way about it? No. Break up may hurt your boyfriend right now, but in the long run, it's better for him as well.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks. That's a good way of thinking about it

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• You have a reason: "I just don't feel the same about him anymore" that's a perfectly acceptable reason if you are just dating someone (married/kids: I would think you'd want to give it a serious try with therapy ect).

1|0
    0|0
    • Nope not married, dating for about a year and a half now. After the one year mark, things just feel different to me

• But if you have reason to be in a relationship then we need a reason for break up too..

2|0
    0|0
    • But isn't not feeling happy and complete and excited reason enough to not be in the relationship?

• Show All
    • That's what I feel like I should do too. But at the same time, I don't want to drag it on either you know?

• If you feel there is no more adventure or life , you can move away but you must convince him like good girl about your intentions..

• A reason will help him have some closure, but no, you don't need a reason if you're just not feeling the relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • You don't need a reason but he will want a reason and you would want one too if he was dumping you.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah that is actually the perfect reason to break up with someone.

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• Not being happy in your relationship is a good reason to break up.
    My ex didm't give me a single reason and just disappeared. (Don't be like my ex, ok?)

1|0
    0|0
  • The person you are in a relationship with does have a right to know why he's being dumped. No longer being happy in the relationship is def a legit reason to end it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. not being happy is also a damn good reason to break up with him. tell him you just aren't feeling it

2|0
    0|0
  • Not being happy is a reason to not be in a relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • Thats a reason-both of you have grown apart

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes