Do you need a reason to break up with someone?

I'm no longer happy in my relationship, is that reason enough to break up with someone? It's not anything he's doing wrong or me, but I just don't feel the same about him anymore

86

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want out of the relationship, that's a reason right there.
    He doesn't need to lie/cheat on you/hurt you or do something else you don't approve of. If you don't feel the same anymore, and don't see yourself in the future with him, it's ok to break up. And generally, once you start feeling this way, you can hardly go back.
    Besides, would you want someone being in a relationship with you and feeling this way about it? No. Break up may hurt your boyfriend right now, but in the long run, it's better for him as well.

• Thanks. That's a good way of thinking about it