How much space do I give my boyfriend?

I've been with my boyfriend for a year now but a few days ago he asked for space claiming he couldn't stand our fights (we don't really have 'fights' just small disagreements than somehow tend to blow up) and he wanted to figure out what he wanted to do with his future (he hates his job). I immediately told him we are either together or we aren't. He even started crying saying he didn't want to loose me and he just wanted time to figure out what he really wants. We kind of left the conversation between us open ended as he kept going on about how he didn't want to drag me along etc as if he were in my decision he would end the relationship as he would hate having a 'break' and not being given a certain answer. It's now been two days and it's driving me insane. I sent him an email the day after we met up saying I will honour his request for a break and that I want him to take as much time as he needs to figure things out and for him not to worry about me as I will eventually be ok in the end. I told him not to reply to the email nor contact me until he is ready. That day he started liking all my Facebook photos! How much time do I give him? It's only been 2 days and it's driving me insane.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• As much time as he needs, within reason. You can't stop living your life for him to get off his ass but you don't want to go out tomorrow and get a new BF either.

I know this is a non-committal answer but do what works best for you. Give him as much time as you feel you can but don't sit on the sidelines of life waiting for him for the rest of your life for him to come around either.

0|0
    0|0
  • you two really need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk about everything that might be bugging him and you. I say do this asap. or you might lose the one you really love and care about and to tell you the truth a broken heart is very hard to mend back together. I been there and done that;

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes