I feel like cutting, I just got threw a rough break up. Any advice or good things to do to contain it?

I was with the guy for 2 months and we loved each other very much. My self esteem has plummeted to it's death and I've been feeling very depressed. I want to cut but then i dont. Any advice on what to do?
Just so you guys know we were best friends for a very very long time and now he doesn't even want to be my friend.

711

Most Helpful Guy

• 2 months is not long enough to even figure out what someone is like. Let alone to fall in love to the point where you feel like cutting yourself when they leave. My guess is that there are bigger problems here than just a boy.

You'll get over it. We've all gotten over it.

• Thing is we were very good friends before. I've loved him for a very long time now.

• Things change. People change. The only problem is not accepting this change. Just move on. There are 3,500,000,000 more where he came from.

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 months is nothing.. unless youve known each other longer, then i understand completely. What i do when i feel like cutting are:

1. write it out. and dont just write a little of how you feel. write out EVERYTHING pages and pages and pages. describe your emotions, your thoughts, everything said. its like venting but you dont have the person you're talking to interrupt or bring in their problems. its all you.

or if you dont feel like writing,

2. listen to music. the music i listen to talks a lot about the problems that mainstream artists dont take time to put effort into. i would recommend listening to songs from Pierce the Veil, Bring Me The Horizon, 30 Seconds To Mars, Sleeping With Sirens and even some Black Veil Brides. some songs to narrow down could be (and ill give 2 songs per artist, in the order listed): A Match Into Water & Hold On Till May, Hospital For Souls & Sleepwalking, A Beautiful Lie & Do Or Die, Roger Rabbit & Low, and Lost It All & Saviour. I hope those help!

other things you could do its just leave the house. you can go with a friend or 2 but i typically stay by myself. go to a park, walk around, enjoy being outside and forget about your problems. just think about the present: where you are, the view, the weather, just anything about the present, dont let your thoughts get the best of you.

I hope one of these things help! Please dont cut. He's not worth it. no matter how much you loved him, he isn't worth putting a permanent, painful mark onto your beloved body. "Life gives you enough scars as it is. you dont need to manufacture your own" - Andy Biersack (singer of Black Veil Brides)

I hope you get through all of this well! dont do anything you'll later come to regret.

• Thanks! And we've known each other for way more than a year and we've been best friends for way more than a year

• yeah in that case, i totally and completely understand. im going through something similar at the moment! I know it hurts now because everything is fresh but with a little time, itll be nothing and you guys will probably just become friends again. dont fret over this. there are much bigger problems out there than a boy haha