Just had a strange but mutual break up/break with my GF but being apart is killing me (Any advice please)?

Bit of a long story, last week I picked my GF up from a girls night out and when she got in the car she just started crying and saying Im too good for her, I get her to calm down and she tells me that she suffer from anorexia which I said I would support her no matter what, but after she told me I did nothing but worry and started to get physically sick from worrying , I told her how I felt and she just told me to forget she had told me about it. After that she just started to act cold towards me. I asked her what was wrong and she just told me that she's not happy with herself and she doesn't know what she wants anymore but she wants to be on her own for awhile, we tried to talk it through but we couldnt think of anything, so one night I pick her up from work and in the car we both decide that we should break up for awhile to sort ourselves out but while in the car she tells me that she loves me. Its only been a few days and and not seeing her or speaking to her is killing me, I don't understand what was wrong, we never fought and I always treated her with respect and love, Should I give her some space and then talk to her and try to get back together or something else. I just don't know what to do anymore.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Give her the space she wants and allow her to come back to you.

• I'm trying to do that but its driving me crazy, she also texted me the day after we broke up to ask if I was ok and it just made it harder

• I know how you feel because I am in the same boat with my significant other. But have some pride. If she sends you over a text don't go answering her a second later. Pick and choose which ones you will respond to and which ones you do not need to. Show her that you have a life that doesn't surround you waiting for her freaking texts.

• If she asks you how are you doing. Say you're doing good/great/however you want to put it... then ask her to be courteous how she is doing... then if she says the same as you but doesn't get into detail about getting back together don't bother in responding.

Most Helpful Guy

• Self-esteem issues are a landmine that's really easy to step on unintended. Give her some space but not too long, talk to her again but you have to say to her you don't want to loose her but if she wants to be with you she has to get counseling for anorexia.

• because you can't fix her and otherwise it's another disaster waiting to happen.