I'm in love with a girl, but I guess she isn't over her ex! What should I do?

So, I met this girl about 1 year ago at college. We would always talk and flirt and we had wonderful, meaningful, deep conversations. And i told this girl that i love her and she told me that she likes me too but now she always push me away.

I guess that's because of her past relationship, I guess she isn't over her ex-boyfriend. What should i do? I hope someone has good advice because this is tormenting me.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• She's not ready for Any Real Relationship right now, whether it's with you or another guy. She isn't over her Ex, and even if you and she would become this item tomorrow, it probably wouldn't work. You would only be considered her 'Rebound Robert,' which many times, causes a lot of problems in a new relationship.
    When you told her you 'love her,' this scared her away, and she got cold duck feet and wandered quickly back into the murky waters. She was just comfy with the 'flirting and fun,' but when you fed her your 'food for thought,' she flew off and things have now gone south.
    Find her and have a serious talk with her. Tell her you Like her, you'd like to be her friend, you're here for her, and maybe you both could hang out sometime and just have some fun.
    Try not to beat yourself up over this, sweetie. It's just another lesson in life you have learned about the golden goose rule: Silence is golden.
    Good luck.xx

Most Helpful Guy

• take her out on the best damn night of her life, thats what you do!