I'm in love with a girl, but I guess she isn't over her ex! What should I do?

So, I met this girl about 1 year ago at college. We would always talk and flirt and we had wonderful, meaningful, deep conversations. And i told this girl that i love her and she told me that she likes me too but now she always push me away.

I guess that's because of her past relationship, I guess she isn't over her ex-boyfriend. What should i do? I hope someone has good advice because this is tormenting me.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She's not ready for Any Real Relationship right now, whether it's with you or another guy. She isn't over her Ex, and even if you and she would become this item tomorrow, it probably wouldn't work. You would only be considered her 'Rebound Robert,' which many times, causes a lot of problems in a new relationship.
    When you told her you 'love her,' this scared her away, and she got cold duck feet and wandered quickly back into the murky waters. She was just comfy with the 'flirting and fun,' but when you fed her your 'food for thought,' she flew off and things have now gone south.
    Find her and have a serious talk with her. Tell her you Like her, you'd like to be her friend, you're here for her, and maybe you both could hang out sometime and just have some fun.
    Try not to beat yourself up over this, sweetie. It's just another lesson in life you have learned about the golden goose rule: Silence is golden.
    Good luck.xx

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• take her out on the best damn night of her life, thats what you do!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Well unfortunately you can not force someone to love you :( If it doesn't work , it doesn't work.

You will be beter without her. You want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't love you? Well better to move on. Don't consume your time.

0|1
    0|0
  • You told her you loved her and she responded with liking you? If that's the case, then it sounds like she's either not ready or not interested. Depending on her history with this ex-guy and how things played out between them, it could easily be that she never really moved on. And if that's the case, there's really nothing you can do.

0|1
    0|0
  • You should stop wasting your time and move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • How do u know she's not over him?
    Honestly no one stops thinking about the last person until they meet someone new who makes them believe in love again...only difference is they realize how wrong the last douche was... Doesn't mean she wants him back. I still remember my exs but I remember how they hurt me and how bad they were but I wanna be with a new man now.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes