He said we can never be together... but wants to be friends?

Okay, history. I dated this guy. We had the most amazing relationship. He broke up with me because he had a mild depression. We didn't talk for a year. He approached me afterwards saying he missed me so much and couldn't stop thinking about me and he was better now and he was sorry about the breakup. We ended up hooking up a few times.

Fast forward 6 months. We've spent a lot of time together and it's been fun, but lately he's been distant. I asked him what's up and he said while he loves me so much, we can never ever be together. I was confused, and he told me that his parents don't like me because of our breakup, and he's dealing with some personal stuff. But he really wants to be friends, he's making a real effort. He freaked out when I said I didn't want to be friends with an ex.

I thought he was keeping me around for sex but one night I got really drunk and I tried to hook up with him but he pushed me away because he said it would be bad for our future friendship.

I'm so confused. What is happening with this guy? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• He's spiderman...

Just messin lol. Some guys just want to stay as friends with girls cuz good friendships can be destroyed if the two couple end up breaking up. I would be afraid of that myself, in spite of the fact that I have a crush her.

• But even though things didn't work out romantically, would you still want to be friends with her? Even if you were the one that broke up with her?

• Of course, because if I broke up with her it would be because I didn't want to damage a good friendship. Losing a friend is terrible because all those fond memories feel like they went down the drain. It's almost as if it never happen. You can never talk about em again with your friend.