Do you have a "one that got away"?

Have you ever messed up or been stupid or done something stupid and let someone go that you now wish you could have back? Any dating regrets like that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i do. The time wasn't right for me
    If i regret letting her go? I regret that i was put in such a situation to do such a thing. I wish everything was right in my life so i could enjoy loving and being loved.
    I had no other choice, but it still hurt me and it still does one year after. We don't even talk any more.

1|0
    0|0
    • What happened, exactly, if you don't mind me asking? How was it not the right time in your life?

• Show All
    • "I tend to believe that if you love someone enough you'll make it work no matter what" - sometimes things don't go as you want them to go no matter how much you try. We were having a weird casual relationship but we were not friends. I just wanted her to know what's going on and why i'm not doing anything about it because she was showing interest. In my mind i thought it was the best thing and i guess i also wanted to know she loves me back.
      Of course she didn't take it well and started to push me away and be mean. i was actually giving her space and be polite and all, but she would always get out of her way to "interact" with me just to be mean or put me down in some way.
      I didn't like what was going on, so i just gave up on being around her completely and i left the group.
      How long since he told you "not right now" ? IF down the line you happen to meet with him and he says he wants to be with you, would you consider it or just pass?

• He told me "not right now" in a variety of ways over the course of the last two yrs. he either said that or he'd push me away and say we need to work on being just friends in order to stay in each other's lived and that he wasn't looking for a relationship but then we'd go back to the casual thing without fail and it became clear that platonic friendship was not an option.

To answer your question, had he been nicer to me (which he wasn't always...he did a lot of hurtful things to push me away) i would probably consider down the road if we met again but I feel like given what happened it'd take some serious effort on his part and I'm still not sure I would want to

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, he was my best friend actually and I thought he didn't care about me, as much as I did about him (I mean he was my best friend and I'm just a friend to him) so, I argued with him too often and now we don't speak for six months. I regret because he let me know he cared but I didn't believe him.. and I pushed him away... I apologized so many times but last time it wasn't enough and I knew that..I just wish we could be friends again.. I saw him the other day and I can see in his eyes he cares but I don't know how to fix what I've done wrong..

0|0
    0|0
    • Talk to him. Genuinely express in words how much you regret your actions. Just have a whole moment of honesty with him and if he doesn't accept that and returns to your life, then it's because maybe he shouldn't be in it anymore.

• Yeah I think so, thanks :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I only lost my chances with one girl. But I don't care anymore because I have given up on girls. Feel happier being single.

0|1
    0|0
  • "Have you ever messed up or been stupid or done something stupid and let someone go that you now wish you could have back?"

Playing "Pull My Finger" will do that every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... She WAS dating another guy, so it's a good thing I didn't make any kind of a move.

Fuck it, I should have.

0|1
    0|0
  • The other day I accidentally gave a girl her first anal experience, it was pretty shitty and ended right then.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thankfully not, I couldn't think of anything worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a girl that could get away, there is one year left before she leaves. If anyone is gonna be "the one who gets away it'll be her"

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I have a "I'm glad she's gone "

1|0
    0|0
  • Like all of them? lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I am going through that right now, he has gotten back with his ex! I miss him so much!

0|1
    0|0
  • that's how I feel right now...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but he was no good for me I don't why I still worry about him so much.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes