GUYS! do you really mean it when you say "lets just be friends?"?

I broke up with my ex because he was always busy for me. i thought he needed time off to focus on his things. its been about 3 months of no contact and it was really tough on me to not contact him. now since school is over, i did. but he says lets just be friends. he would answer my texts like he used to but suddenly stop responding in the middle of a conversation and when i ask to meet him, he said he is going to be busy the whole summer. is he really over me that fast? does he really mean lets just be friends or hiding his feelings or trying to be nice? he told me after the break up that he hopes that one day we can get together if we are on good terms but we haven't been talking at all.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not so much rejection as much as it is him trying to get on with his life. You broke up with him so he's probably a bit sore about that, and he probably just feels the best way to get past this is to limit contact.

Just give him some space. If he truly wants to be friends with you he'll make the effort at some point

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree my ex told me the same thing and that he couldnt take on a relationship with me because he needed time but! I never gave up I kept the door for communication open and sure enough about 7 or 8 months later we talk all the time he spends the night we go out he's coming back around my guy did the same as yours when I tried reaching out to him and I thought at one point we were really over but I never stopped reaching out to him and so he came back around and were pretty close to being official again but now the only thing is that im nervous and scared can you imagine! I wish u luck and if you're wanting him back then don't stop reaching out to him just keep at it but only every now n then and either his walls will come back down or they won't 50/50 chance

• this is different from the guys' perspectives. did you go on no contact? how often did you contact him? what were some things you guys talk about? i feel like im the one who keeps initiating the contact.. i dont want to give up but on the other hand.. im scared that I'm just pushing him further away

• Thanks a bunch! And it can all come back together just keep trying and its good you realize that its going to take a lot of work because it really is I cried every night almost because I felt like I had lost him that's how bad it got

Do exactly that come around once in awhile dont be afraid to be vulnerable to him itll make him realize you want something more be very open to him because it will encourage him to do the same

Im glad I could give you a positive look on the situation with my story and if you ever want any more advice just message me! :)

• thank you for the positive look. i understand the guys' viewpoints too so i am not going to contact him too often, give him some space but won't give up like you said. it is a terrible feeling to lose someone that was not only in a relationship with you but a best friend too. thank you!