Why do people feel good about humiliating others..?

Isn't it enough they dump and leave the person broken hearted but want to twist the knife they put in the backs of the one that loved them unconditionally? why the need to be evil minded to watch someone suffer? Brag their life is great but demeaning the person by telling them their crap in bed, Unattractive, Old ect?
Do you think they'll ever look back in shame or still go through life with satisfaction knowing they've hurt someone and made their self esteem go to nothing?

312

Most Helpful Guy

• As Thomas said below, fear. People attack in fear. When one feels hemmed in, one's consciousness protects one in such a way, that it strikes out at others at things one has no issue in, conveniently forgetting one's own shortfalls. It's a base way of empowerment.

Focusing on him is probably the wrong way to go about it. As I always say, you can't be hurt psychologically, unless you are capable of being hurt. What I mean is, what can you learn from this whole episode, from the relationship? What about it was unhealthy? Loving someone unconditionally, as you put it, is of course, is a good thing. But, where is the unconditional love for yourself? Why would you allow yourself to be abused so, by this child, and put up with it, ignoring the warning signs? I presume there were. You can love someone, without having to enable and reinforce their various vices and moral shortcomings by being with them.

Maybe you should focus on yourself, for the time being? Loving yourself, without having the need to be with someone, to have someone else reinforce it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Idk. I wish I could give you an answer. Some people are just born mean.