Why do people feel good about humiliating others..?

Isn't it enough they dump and leave the person broken hearted but want to twist the knife they put in the backs of the one that loved them unconditionally? why the need to be evil minded to watch someone suffer? Brag their life is great but demeaning the person by telling them their crap in bed, Unattractive, Old ect?
Do you think they'll ever look back in shame or still go through life with satisfaction knowing they've hurt someone and made their self esteem go to nothing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As Thomas said below, fear. People attack in fear. When one feels hemmed in, one's consciousness protects one in such a way, that it strikes out at others at things one has no issue in, conveniently forgetting one's own shortfalls. It's a base way of empowerment.

Focusing on him is probably the wrong way to go about it. As I always say, you can't be hurt psychologically, unless you are capable of being hurt. What I mean is, what can you learn from this whole episode, from the relationship? What about it was unhealthy? Loving someone unconditionally, as you put it, is of course, is a good thing. But, where is the unconditional love for yourself? Why would you allow yourself to be abused so, by this child, and put up with it, ignoring the warning signs? I presume there were. You can love someone, without having to enable and reinforce their various vices and moral shortcomings by being with them.

Maybe you should focus on yourself, for the time being? Loving yourself, without having the need to be with someone, to have someone else reinforce it?

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Idk. I wish I could give you an answer. Some people are just born mean.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I do not think so. The type of reflection you are talking about, looking back in shame and resolving to do differently, is what is called 'repentence'. It's been out of style for awhile.

Now days, people are lovers of themselves, proud and boastful, seeking only to please themselves.

This does not have to be the cultural narrative for everyone, but it is the way most of the world has chosen.

0|0
    0|0
  • People who treat people with such contempt deserve a life time of loneliness and misery. Also just be glad that you are no longer with such a horrible person (if this situation is your own).

People get angry when they split up, they react in ways in which they wouldn't usually act, they're upset, bitter, angry, jaded and are ultimately weak!

It takes strength to be gentle and kind - a lot of people just don't have that strength.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people truly are just assholes and feel good when they make others feel like shit. Other people attack because they are scared to have their own insecurities exposed.

0|2
    0|0
  • The way i see things their life is miserable as long as their a hater
    they are not happy inside so they want make others feel like shit
    most of them are immature little minded people got see it this way
    karma's a bitch it will come back to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Because for some people it boosts their ego, it's a messed up world sometimes. However most people have empathy and would never put others down in order to make themselves feel better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people can't make themselves look better, so they just try to make other other people look worse.
    They can try it on me, but it doesn't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are either A) Sadistic, or B) Feel so bad about themselves that they feel their pain needs to be shared.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's easiest way to make feel themselves better and evade from responsibilities..

0|0
    0|0
  • cause it makes them feel good about themselves

0|2
    0|0
  • because some folks think they have to be someones puppet and dont know enough to not go for those who treat them like that in the first place

0|0
    0|0
    • If the put a front up to begin with makin out their a good person and only show their true colours after makin person love them...u never been duped?

• yes I've been dumped, rejected and ignored by girls, i dont try anymore and i know exactly what to look out for

• Sometimes it can feel empowering to hurt others. I doubt most will ever regret doing it. In most cases people convince themselves the other person had it coming. The thing about evil people is, most of them see themselves as the good guy.

0|2
    0|1

What Girls Said 2

• Only Stupid and Trash talker people do that... I find that type of people as miserable :)

0|0
    0|0
  • They claim power and feed off people feelin negative.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes