Girls, what if someday you saw your boyfriend hug a girl?

then what would you do? you will break up with him or tell that girl "just stay away from my boyfriend"?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not an issue. My boyfriend occasionally hugs mutual female friends of ours and that doesn't bother me at all. We might sometimes run into a girl or two that I don't know, he'll hug them hello, and introduce us to each other. Usually I know who they are and their relationship to each other already once I'm told who they are, and he introduces me as his girlfriend. So I'm not concerned at all. Very rarely do we run into any girl he knows that I haven't already heard anything about, and generally he doesn't hug them. I'm secure in our relationship, we don't hide much of anything from each other.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That would be a pretty extreme reaction, if I had a girlfriend and she reacted like that it would definitely present a red flag.

Granted I don't hug a lot of people, I wouldn't want my girlfriend to read too much into it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• If she was his friend and it seemed like an innocent hug, no big deal.
    If it was an intimate hug, I don't think I'd treat it any differently than I would treat a kiss. I'd see it as cheating.
    But under no circumstance would I confront the girl. I wouldn't even confront him in front of her. I'd just move away from them, and I'd discuss that with him once we're alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen my boyfriend hug various female friends of his. It doesn't bother me at all. Why? I trust him and he's allowed to have friends of the opposite sex.

I mean, if it's an inappropriate, handsy hug then I'd just tell him it made me uncomfortable and see what he has to say about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Neither. Hugging is considered to be a kind of greeting, which is more friendly compared to a handshake. Breaking up with someone just because they hugged another girl is highly unreasonable and suggests that there is no trust at all in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen my boyfriend hug mutual female friends or just his friends. It doesn't bother me at all, why would it? I trust him and he's allowed to have friends of the opposite sex.

I mean, if it's an intimate, sexy, handsy hug then I'd bring it up casually and ask who she was and tell him it made me feel uncomfortable and see what he has to say.

Hugging the opposite sex isn't a sign of red flags for me at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • i trust my boyfriend a lot and hugging is common thing between friends, i wouldn't mind because my boyfriend has many female friends. but if that girl was someone who i dont know, i would definitely ask him about her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If I know her as a mutual friend, I wouldn't care. If I didn't know this woman I might feel uncomfortable. I would tell my boyfriend that m unxomfortable before confronting her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care , I don't have a bf but if I did I wouldn't care he can hug his female friends if he wants

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither, people hug people all of the time. If they're friends and they hugged i wouldn't have a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think a hug is a big deal. It's more like a friendly gesture. I would just ask him who the girl was, just to be nosy lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the girl and his relationship with her

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what kind of hug.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I hug people all the time, it's just something that I do. Whenever I say bye to people I usually hug them, so watching him hug a girl wouldn't make me break up with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont mind, as long as i know he's not into her.
    if she's into him, i would feel a little awkward about it, but if I'm clear on the fact that he feels nothing back then i wouldn't let it worry me.
    shit only goes down if the feelings are mutual.

I'm not usually the over protective type.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes