A breakup story you must read

My girlfriend broke up with me yesterday. We still love each other a lot, but lately I've been acting insecure and I was really whiny because the urge to make her happy became a pain in the ass as it was more about proving myself that I'm worthy to have such a perfect girl than about actually caring about her. I don't have much self-confidence and she's the best looking and sweetest girl I've ever met. We were friends for 4 years or so (btw I always wanted to be her boyfriend) then we got really close and fell in love in November. We were together for 6 months. I've got some personality issues, like being unable to think before I speak when I'm mad and so on.. She fed up with my behavior once but I showed her that I'm still as loving and nice as I was when we got together. Everything was great for 2 months then she dumped me again yesterday.. she told me that she no longer feels that "thing" and that she needs a man she can rely on. Her father left her with her unmanly, whiny older brother and her mom, so she had to rely on herself. She told me that lately she felt the same on my side and she's falling out of love. Yesterday night she arrived from work and we talked on facebook. It wasn't sloppy or anything, it was actually fun. I told her that I miss her but she didn't care about it, so we just kept on messaging. Then she went to bed and sent me a text message saying she misses me. I wrote back that I miss her, love her and asked if she felt awful too. She'll probably text me or message me on Facebook in half an hour 'cause that's when she's leaving her workplace. All we know is that she wants to stay in touch and that she misses me and surely loves me still. What should I do? Should I give her some time while maintaining a friendly contact? I really want her back. I don't believe in the no contact rule or any mind games like that. I want to be honest with her..

52

Most Helpful Girl

• im going through this with my man. how you describe yourself, reminds me of him. i still love him and i'd love to be with him. but i refuse to be with someone that keeps disappointing me & he's really insecure and gets jealous easily. when he gets jealous or upset he ignores me. but anyways, if she's worth it change your attitude and how you handle things. if not move on & don't keep that "friendly" relationship, you need space to get over someone.

• Thank you! :) I still have the question that if she doesn't want to be with me, why did she wrote that text last night? She's not the kind of girl who would write such things to make me feel better. She's always honest with me.

• sense i don't know exactly what was said i can't say why she did that, especially because i am not her. maybe she just needed some closure, to wrap things up in a friendly way. it could of been she missed you, she just couldn't say it because she's just confused at the moment. maybe you guys just need a break from eachother. me & my boyfriend just worked things out after we were on a break for about a month, i told him exactly how i felt and what he & i need to work on to keep a relationship. i hope the best for you guys, even if it turns out to be you never talk again just remember everything happens for a reason.

• If you're curious then I know it's a lot to read but look up the conversation I've had with the woman above. I'm interested in your opinion, too. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You should learn the lesson she's teaching you. Acting insecure and being a pain in the ass ruined your relationship. Learn how to not be an insecure pain in the ass. Maybe she'll come back, but I doubt it.

• Thanks :) But then why did she send me that text last night? If she doesn't want to be my girlfriend, wouldn't it be illogical to let me know that she misses me? She's not evil or anything like that at all. She's extremely emotional and she said she never loved anyone as much as she loves me.

• You're likely not getting her back. So no contact really just helps you work through the loss of relationship.

• So you're telling me that even if I become the one she fell in love with or an even better guy, it doesn't matter? I mean she's pretty emotional with me. If you have the time, please read the conversation I've had with a lovely woman up there. All the details are here. It seems like you know much about these things so you'll know what's going on.