How do I break up with someone?

I get the conversation part of it. But how do you get to the actual break up scene? Do I ask him to meet me somewhere? Where? Or Do I ask him to come over or if I can go over to his place? I just don't want to make him think we're going on a date or something then bam I end it. I think he can sense it's coming so it's not like unexpected.

Updates:
I'm doing it in person and I know what I'm going to say I just don't know how to go about meeting up with him

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just make sure it's in private. And don't do it somewhere where he goes to alot. His house is a no no. You don't want him to be constantly reminded of the breakup

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• if you think you might feel bad for him when you do it then you can try and make location as convenient as possible for him. my friend dragged her bf all the way to her house and into her garage then closed the garage door and then dumped him (wth? haha) and then he had to walk out the front door.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do this over the phone if you guys have been together for at least 3 months. That is rude and inconsiderate. When you love someone and are in a relationship you owe it to the other person to look them in the eye and justify how/why you got to this point and simply follow that up by saying it's over. Let them know you are there for them if they need help, but we cannot stay in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just drop it "I want to break up.".

0|0
    0|0
  • You might be best going to his hause and ending it.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 2

• You can do it over the phone its still better than doing it via text

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaking up is hard. Tell him over the phone if you guys are far apart.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes