How do I break up or should i? my boyfreind doesn't trust me after I cheated a year ago but I keep trying to break it off and he won't let go?

he is very controlling and i can't do it anymore all the trust is gone after what i did we have been going together since i was a freshman i have now graduated and he is just not the guy for me and he doesn't get it he is 4 years older and refuses to let go i packed to leave and he kept blocking me wanting to talk about im trying to leave but i really dont know how iv been trapped in y parents house or homeless since forever and i need my freedom not being on a leesh having someone try to tell me i can't drink or smoke with my freinds like they are my father i dont on the regular but sometimes i like to have fun then he likes to try to tell me that i can't chill with my guy freinds who i have known for years anytime i talk to someone its like he's trying to get their whole background plus some this whole relationship is tiring

34

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG !!! Girlfriend I can relate, going through the same bull as we speak. I am exhausted from my nigga he has a side bitch who I have to assume has no shame nor pride. Anyway there are two ways you can try.
    1. Bring up stuff that will annoy the crap out of him then he'll get tired & leave
    or
    2. STOP TALKING/SEEING HIM!
    If you find yourself still talking to him you still in love with him but he is toxic & you deserve to be happy. Im miserable with my bf plus we're in a LDR. It just not working because he's disrespecting me with some skank.
    So just consider my advice

What Guys Said 4

• just do it. maybe when he's gone for while get your things together and take them somewhere else. then when he comes back tell him you're leaving.

no one can stop you from leaving or tell you that you have to stay. if he is 100% set on physically stopping you call the cops tell them you want to move out of your bf's house but he won't let you and they'll send an office over to keep him at bay while you move out

• So leave. make a plan, stick to it and commit to it. You can block him from knowing where you are.

• 1. Get a restraining order
    2. Dont cheat if you make a boyfriend again, he does not let you go , because you hurt him already once, and he will get hurt more when you will leave.
    3. Leave ASAP , dont spoil your and his life

• A break up doesn't require his consent. Tell him you're not dating anymore, then stop taking his calls and shit, and start dating other people.

• i wish i could do that so easily we are living together so then what do i do i dont have a car and i just got a job

• You say you've packed to leave, then leave. He can't stop you. He has to sleep at some point.

What Girls Said 2

• You say he's not the guy for you and that you can't do it anymore... once these thoughts are in your head you're not going to be able to let them go. If you're in a relationship and start doubting things the way you are then it's time to end it. I don't think you owe it to yourself or to him to keep being in a relationship that clearly makes you unhappy. Both of you deserve someone who brings good to their lives... not bad. It doesn't sound like a relationship that can last either. As soon as there's cheating in a relationship's history then things start to get difficult. There's trust issues and it's just a whole mess. If you block him from your phone and life then he will let go. He'll have to. Just break off all contact and move on.

• He's way too controlling. You can't be in a relationship where your boyfriend acts more like your father than an actual boyfriend. If you have a best friend or a close friend, ask her if you can crash with her just until you get things figured out.

Start packing when he's at work or when he's out for enough time so you can have enough time to pack. Call in one of your guy friends so they can be there and if your boyfriend ends up returning home earlier, your guy friend can stand up for you if things get physical.

When you're out and in with a friend, block him from your life. On your phone, social medias and everywhere. Then you can start planning what to do with your life and things will look more clearer without him around to suffocate you.