How should I heal my broken heart?

Me and my ex broke up in November (for distance reasons) but have been involved ever since (I moved back) and no matter how many times we have tried ending it we always find our way back to each other.
I have been in love before, but not like this, he is the love of my life (so cheesy, i know).

We both have some personal issues and really need to work on ourselves. A few months ago he said that he wasn't ready for a relationship because he felt he should love himself first before he could invest time in anyone else.
A few days ago he said we should stop seeing each other because he feels like he is using my feelings because he is taking the affection and not giving me commitment in return, all of this is fairly valid.

He just said via message that he will "always like me but it just needs to stop for a while". I believe that if it's meant to be it will, but I am just so heart broken for now. How do I pick myself up?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• when I broke up with my longest relationship (7 years) I took me 3 more years to get over her, she looked for me ended up having sex but just last a couple of days and we separate again. I had to change my whole life, to change job to stop going to the same places to look for new friends, it was a new life. I sound hard but did no find another way

What Guys Said 1

• Kurt Cobain recommended glue, so may be you could look into that.

Seriously, only with time can a heart mend itself. There's no magical cure for a broken heart other than good support from family and friends mixed in with time.

What Girls Said 2

• Try to focus on what you're gaining here. If this guy cannot love you the way you deserved to be loved, then what just happened means you are now opening the door to let the person in who CAN love you the right way.

• F**k as many guys as possible. I'm kidding. Don't do that. What have you tried to keep your mind of it?