Why did my ex lead me on so much?

Me and my ex split up 6 weeks ago mainly a few differences in our relationship I bruised his ego Abit so he got angry and ended things he contacted me last week and we spoke an he said he missed me and how would we sort things anyway he said he wants to see me when he gets off holiday he's back now he contact me asking how I am yesterday we had light chit chat then today I asked him if we are going to sort it he said what's the rush I am taking my time and when I wanna move forward I will! He said we are talking ain't we what do you want from me? I asked him if he is seeing others and his reply was yes I am seeing others but not sleeping with them ovbiosyly with that I have pretty much told him where to go and that I ain't a silly little girl who will be strung along and that I feel sick he thinks I would be ok with that when I have cont turned down offers from other men and he just said cool I won't contact
You no more then have a nice life I am so angry with him for leading me on why did he do this to me :( last thing I said is I am better than you and you will see that when you end up with what you deserve how can me. Switch just like that he was so sweet before we had our differences I am devastated.

11