How do I get him back into my life?

Me and my ex had been "casually" seeing each other since the beginning of the year after sort of rekindling our relationship.
He feels he isn't in the right personal state for a relationship right now and felt like he wasn't able to give me that and so called it all off a few days ago.
I miss him, I miss hanging out with him, I miss talking to him.
Although he said that he will always like me and that we need to stop 'for a while', I feel like this is the end and I hate it.
I can't imagine having a future with anyone else, he's the love of my life.

How do I get him back?

02