Why get mad that the person you broke up with already found someone new?

I have never understood people getting annoyed about their ex gf/bf immediately finding someone else after breaking up. You're broken up. Who are you to dictate when it's okay to find another? Even more so if the one who is annoyed is the one who ended the relationship to begin with?
  • Okay to immediately find someone else
    Vote A
  • Mandatory wait period after break up
    Vote B
  • Those people like me who just want TO KNOW!
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
The poll split seems to confirm my suspicions as to who thinks what, but hearing why us always great.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It implies that your previous relationship didn't really matter to you if you were able to bounce back from it quickly. It may also imply that you had been fishing around for other girls prior to the death of the relationship as well.

0|1
    0|0
    • i completely agree, if a guy or girl immediately jumps to a dif person right after the breakup, then it does mean tht they had already lost feelings for their ex while still in the relationship, and the breakup was just the chains tht set them free to roam and look for someone else

• Show All
    • Point taken. Always good to see the reasoning though.

• Great. Thanks for MH :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Some people feel hurt when they see that their ex has moved on so quickly because they feel "replaced"... or maybe they still haven't found someone new and it's just annoying to them that they're lonely, while their ex is not. That, or it could be because they feel kinda worthless when they see that someone doesn't care about losing them.

1|0
    0|0
    • It seems kinda sick to me for someone to enjoy seeing the person they hurt in further pain because they do not have them around.

• Yeah, I agree. But I've seen it happen before, sadly.

You know the quote, "misery loves company"? Well, it's actually pretty true.

• I think its totally fine. Whether it be a rebound or a serious relationship, you can't tell another person what to do... especially when that relationship is over and you ended it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah. It just seems Pitt of line to me to have someone get mad about something that they had a hand in causing.

• Yeah, it doesn't matter how much times has gone... whether it be a couple of days or years, if you broke up with the person you need to let it go and move on. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

• when it was a long relationship and he breaks it off only to get into a relationship two weeks later, it shows how little you mattered because he doesn't even need time to get over you and isn't upset about the breakup. and it leads me to believe he was already looking around for girls or is breaking up because he's into someone else which is a complete slap in the face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the idea of there being a "waiting period" is a bit possessive; I know that it's to spare an ex's feelings, but I don't see how a short break is going to make any difference. In the end the other person is still going to be with someone else and if you find out you'll still be hurt by it, so how does a small period in between make a difference? Maybe in the short run, but in the long run it won't affect anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break-ups are hard for both parties. If you're the one who left, you're the one who realized that this person who once made you so happy is making you unhappy, or you're the one realizing that for some personal reason or other, it's just not working out right now and you need to end it. It's never easy, unless they were just using you to have someone. Seeing them "move on" so quickly is like they're saying "Well, I was just staying with you to have someone." And that makes it feel like you were being played or led on, like they were selfishly wasting your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • They get annoyed because they feel they were played. Its as if they were nothing and easily forgotten in one day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone wants to think that they are the one that the other won't get over.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the person who broke up with that other person is upset, it is probably because they are jealous and care about them! Just because they did the breaking up doesn't me they don't care, sometimes you have to do whats best for them or for you, but it doesn't take any feelings away.

I personally think you should wait before jumping into something else, because a lot of the times it turns into a rebound.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Once its done and over with you can do as you please if you choose to keep you're self open its you're choice.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes