Broke up with bf, surprisingly I'm not that upset?

My bf and I broke up this morning. We were together for almost 2 years. I'm surprised that I'm not more upset and devasted by this. I'm sad but I feel ok. Does it mean that I didn't care for him all that much if I'm not heartbroken? I loved him so much but I just don't understand why I'm not in years.

Also, he refuses to take back his things and insists on leaving them still at my apartment. Why is that? And he hasn't mentioned giving me back my things.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Well giving stuff back and it's been less than a day is pretty fast. Maybe it hasn't even registered with him yet? Props for being strong, but it really has been less than a day.

• I feel like in order to move on, things should be returned quickly, numbers deleted, etc. maybe that's just me though? I would feel worse with his things around, they're memories. :(

• I understand. I am the same way. But me throwing everything away immediately was actually a defense mechanism, more like trying to forget than actually trying to cope with the situation.

• I understand that. That's true for me