Should I move out of my parents' house to move in with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years and over the course of the past year we have been talking about living together and getting a place of our own. I always thought it would be great, but I never really thought about it in detail until right before I was supposed to move in with him. He just recently bought a house 2 months ago and I was supposed to move in with him when he bought the house but I got cold feet about 2 weeks before. It put a real strain on our relationship because we argued a lot about it, he felt alone in the house. Things are better now but he still wants me to move in with him, and soon. I just don't know if I am ready. I am close to my family and we all get along well. I live at home with my parents & my sister. I am 22 and he is 26. I feel like I am depriving myself of the opportunity to live at home and save up money to establish myself. He is 4 years older so he had his time at home to get his career set and save up his money to buy his own place and I wanted to do that too and I thought that when it was time to take that step we would do it together, but he bought the house alone and he made it explicitly clear that he wanted to do it alone. So now I also feel like I am just moving in to be his replacement mother and take care of him like she did, not to start a future together. I feel like if he was serious and wanted this to be the start of a future he would've wanted to buy the house with me, not alone. Am I over thinking everything? Should I just give it a chance and move in? Am I too old to be still living at home? When I ask people my age what they think they tell me to just do it and move in with him, but when I ask people much older they tell me I am smart for staying home and waiting until I establish myself and that I should stay at home as long as I can, that I shouldn't depend on a man to put a roof over my head. Some serious advice would be greatly appreciated.
1
3