What's the divorce rate for the first marriage?

I wanted to know because I've been hearing the 50% statistic includes people who've constantly remarried.

Does anyone know this statistic, and a source I can refer to? I heard the rate is 33%, but I can't find a source.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• ording to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
    The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
    The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
    The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%
    https://www.divorcepad.com/rate/

Stats can be read in different ways.
    "... a misreading of the facts. It was true, he said, if you looked at all the marriages and divorces within a single year, you'd find that there were twice as many marriages as divorces. In 1981, for example, there were 2.4 million marriages and 1.2 million divorces. At first glance, that would seem like a 50-percent divorce rate.
    Virtually none of those divorces were among the people who had married during that year, however, and the statistic failed to take into account the 54 million marriages that already existed, the majority of which would not see divorce."
    https://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/divorce.htm
    See also Stepfamily Fact Sheet, here: www.stepfamilies.info/stepfamily-fact-sheet.php

But conservatives like to stress present society is 'decadent' (and to find salvation, more people should become conservative according to them)

• ( enrichment journal seems tpo be a religious site, not a statistics office)

What Guys Said 3

• No, I've heard 50% for first time marriages, 60% for second marriages, after that it goes down because nobody wants to be divorced 3 times and people just sort of settle.
    I heard the older you are when you marry the less likely you are to get divorced.

• Did you check the Wikipedia site?

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Divorce_in_the_United_States

• Are you asking about USA or the world? Because in my country it's well below 10%.

What Girls Said 0