Will the heart break ever go away?

I dated my boyfriend for 3 and a half years. during this time a lot of things happened, from a break up for a few months, to hooking up with other people (him not I). I put up with so much of his crap, not trying and him always trying to put me down. But when it all came down to it, i loved him so much. I feel blind sided by the break up. Like I could have tried harder (even though i know i tried hard every single day) he use to say we argue to much, but it was me arguing that he should treat me better. I know that this is an easy opinion. But i feel like an idiot for being so upset that i cared so much and he is already going out and having an amazing time, while I've been reflecting and so sad that i love him. I guess my question is, will this feel better, will I eventually get to feel ok again. will he even realize what he messed up (even if we dont get back together, i just mean in general)

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm so sorry. It hurts so bad I know. It's probably hard to imagine but time will heal this too. Just try to focus your energies on positive things and try not to dwell on what could have been. In the end you will find the right man that lives you and doesn't put you down. He'll lift you up!!! That will be your man!!!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I was in a relationship similar to yours. I loved my ex and he didn't treat me right either. But, I loved him anyway. And after we broke up granted I wasn't upset about it since I knew it was bound to happen and I was fed up with his bull. He may get a taste of his own medicine if a girl did the same. And he may not. It does get better and this time you know what you'll want out of a relationship. Now, you can focus on yourself and the things you want to do.

• Its gonna hurt like hell for a while babe.
    But heart break does fade.