How do I get closure from a breakup?

how does one get closure from a breakup?

boyfriend recently broke up with me, and started crying.. i always feel like he's gonna come back but i know he wont, how do i get rid of this feeling how do iget closure

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it sucks my ex left me for another guy. She broke up with me on the phone, and never spoke to me again. I was wanting some closure as well. Sometimes you have to close it for yourself unfortunately. I was devastated because I did not understand how someone who said they loved you would treat you like this when in a tough situation. I was able to take some closure that it was best we broke up because a girl who is not consistent, somewhat floozy, not trustworthy, and by all means not loyal is someone I do not desire to be in a relationship with. She finally showed her true colors, unfortunately I believed her dishonest emotions.

• sorry to hear that

• It has been about a year, I got over it, but since she was my first I did not understand what was going on. Anyway you may have to close this out yourself if he is not willing to discuss with you. MAybe write a letter to yourself or on gag and then tear it up. best of luck

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay to cry.
    And really, it takes time to get closure from a break up. It could take maybe 1 day to even a few years.
    It's really up to you when you want to move on. When you're ready, then you're ready. Let it all out. It's actually kind of healthy, you shouldn't let anything stay in. And I'm gonna say what everybody says, well maybe in a different format. And I'm going to tell how it is.
    Look, he's just another asshole, and he obviously isn't the one. But hey, you're still young. You have a long life ahead of you, and you don't want him, this heart breaker, to be the dad of your kids do ya? I promise you that this pain will stop. There's not any knowledge to know when, but it will come. And trust me, once it's over, it's the best feeling in the world, just to not care about it anymore, trust me.
    I really do promise you that you will get over it. Get rid of all the things that remind you of him. Delete his number. Don't contact him back again.
    If he does want to get back with you, give him a month to try and get back with you, and you're willing to forgive and forget the breakup, you may be his girlfriend again.
    But in my opinion, I don't really believe in second chances. Because they already had their chance the first time to show the best in them to you. And now, it is their lost, so fuck that nigga.
    You will get over it, and don't rush it.

I hope you feel better though hun. If you need someone to talk to, you're welcome to private message me.