My girlfriend dumped me and now hates me because I talked to another girl?

So a week ago my girlfriend dumped me. I'm 20 and she's 18. She said I was "smothering" her. Well I was giving her the same amount of attention as I always had, but she got her first job and had sports tournaments on the weekends, so she wasn't giving me the same amount of attention. So last Friday night I guess I made her mad, so she proceeded to ignore me the entire weekend (she told me she was) so I freaked out, but I only called her once, and texted her maybe 3 times on Saturday and Sunday each without her texting back. So on Sunday she dumped me. The first 3 days were horrible. After that she started talking to me again but made no mention of her still liking me or wanting to get back together. Last night I had some drinks, I tweeted at this girl (something along the lines of: "hey I like what I see, get back at me.") My ex saw this and flipped out. This girl didn't even reply or acknowledge me, I really didn't even know her. I tried to say sorry but my ex wouldn't have it. my ex told me how much she likes me and said "I thought you liked me too but I guess not." I felt bad about even doing it. I tried to tell her how much she meant to me and that the girl I tweeted didn't mean anything. I kept saying sorry and told her I loved her and she would only say "No you don't" etc etc. My problem is SHE broke up with me. That really hurt me. SHE left me, SHE pushed me away, HER, not me. I can say a lot more, but I'm not going to yet. I've talked to my friends and my mom and they all say I really didn't do anything wrong, me and my ex have not been together since last Sunday, and if we were still together I sure as hell wouldn't have done this. I need some opinions please. And don't just say "you're an asshole" I've been hurt by a lot of girls before.
Thank you guys so much for answering, everyone confirmed what I thought: that's she immature, selfish and trying to play me. I already cut ties, I'm moving on. Thank you all

41

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't have apologized, you should have said you broke up with me a week ago whatever I do is my business not yours, obviously it's you that doesn't love me if you dumped me.

She is trying to give herself space while keeping you tethered like a dog in her yard ready for when she feels like getting back together which isn't fair to you. You are single you shouldn't be yelled at for not sitting patiently hoping for her to get back together with you