Starting to despise long-term girlfriend?

(Note: I've been with her for 2+ years)
While I could look over these things before, I've now realized that the way she's making me live is really bad for my actual health. Basically if I don't spend 24 hours everyday for 52 weeks every year with her I will have to be ignored for a really long time. Even if I as much as go to eat, yes, actually EAT (You know, to survive?) I'll have to hear how I always leave her bored and alone like some personal clown. I aprox. spend around 13 hours with this woman every day and under that time I have to hear constant insults which I don't actually know where they come from but they hurt more than she knows, completely ignored then complaints about how I never say anything and the fact that she is blasting loud as bananas music while if I so as raise my volume more than 20% I'll have to turn it off or else she'll leave. I don't get it is it me or her? Is it really this much attention you must give or is she just over-demanding? Not to mention she watches shows about unrealistic relationships how some man goes through hell and beyond to save a girl like it happens everyday. Any ideas?

95

Most Helpful Girl

• I just got out of a long term relationship and the guy I was dating was kind of the same way. He demanded to be with me 24/7. He also told me my hobby’s where stupid and it was damaging me emotionally. I tried to give him so many chances but he kept being selfish and tried telling me what to do. He broke up with me over a text. It’s all her trust me long term relationships are grate if you’re with the right person. There is also nothing wrong with movies like that as long as you know that’s not how things work :)

• Speaking of hobbies I've actually dropped in guitar skills since I don't get my time to practice anymore and this is really infurating me but I don't want to look like I like it more than her.

• If you still like her tell her that you have a life outside of her and things you enjoy doing, but I think you should just break up the right person will trust you. It’s never worth stopping what you love to do just for one person.

• Since it's my first relationship it probably won't go any further and developing a hobby will, I guess you're right.

What Girls Said 8

• oh this is crazy high-maintenance. Drop her. You can do way better than that.

• I don't fully get your point about the ''you can do way better than that'' part.

• You can get a better girl than that. You are practically babysitting your girlfriend. It is ridiculous. It is like you have to do everything your girlfriend says which is wrong. You are your own person.

• ITS HER. Jesus, she sounds like a fucking dictator. Honeslty, get rid of her. 1. she's way too clingy, 2. she's like a puppy, if you don't stimulate her, she'll start to complain. ANd personally you don't need that. Your young and probably attractive.

If you dump her, your only worry will be if she stalks your life or not.

• Would it go easier if I stopped caring about her demands just too see if she gets the point?

• Personally, if i were you, i wouldn't want to spend another minute in her company. GOd bless you for your patience with stupidity

• Break up with her, she's clingy.

• Wouldn't there be any way to make a clingy relationship work?

• Sometimes you wonder how you get yourself into a mess like this. That's what you get for trying relationships for the first time and it being a bad one at that.

• It isn't wrong to try a relationship, but it is wrong to stay in a relationship that is bad for you.

• Honestly she sounds over demanding and unreasonable. She wants you to focus your life around her and not do anything else. 13 hours everyday with someone sounds damaging to a relationship with partners that are young. Tell her how you feel about everything, try not to engage in an argument and if she gets to the point where she can't talk about things in a calm manner leave the conversation. If you keep trying with her and she doesn't respond well, the relationship may has taken it's toll.

• I guess some people are born to never grow up.

• She does sound really spoiler and used to getting what she wants. Honestly, because my boyfriend knows when to tell me no, I respect him and vice versa. Tell her no to some of her childish demands.

• Wow you are allowed to say no? For me it feels like a breath of fresh air while for others it must be regular. Weird.

• sounds like a toxic relationship... run!!! I usually tell people if the bad outweighs the good then it's probably time to end the relationship if it can't be fixed... I'd say yours probably isn't fixable cause it doesn't sound like she is at all interested in having it any other way than her own. Can I ask why you have stayed for so long with her treating you this way?

• I've asked my question like this for a very long time and honestly either I'm was too stupid to realize or I just could take it for the time being but now I just can't put up with it anymore.

• She sounds like a basket case. Run.

• Break up. This is a completely unhealthy relationship. Run dude run !

• if u love her suck it up and be 120% involved with her and if u dont but u enjoy having her tell her how u feel and if u dont love her or at least enjoy tht relationship break up with her

• If I love someone I don't think I should think of them as a second me or in this case, actual me rather a part of me instead of the thing that makes me awake at night.

• lol im married to someone i infinitely love, what i told u was the plain truth. u dont have my options!! if u love her fix it and make her understand if u dont, leave but make sure to not be rude or she will turn into ur enemy! nd for the other person who commented HAHA i bet ur love life sucks

• I'd rather cut myself to death than believe that someone who types like this ever even touched another human. You probably have a relationship that will last for a week and believe you will go on to get married in middle school.

What Guys Said 5

• HOLY SH*T!!! I think you're dating my ex. Note the key word... EX. Get out before you go bat sh*t crazy.

• Wouldn't care how the experience or should I say; torment, was for you? :)

• Too much television. She has totally unrealistic expectations.

Her life is boring when you're not there, because she is boring. Even when you are there, she sounds intolerant and selfish. She needs a hobby, to occupy her time. You need one too, to spend time away from her.

• Are women really this manipulated by television? I don't even get time for my hobbies thanks to her..

• dump her, simple.

• Run... Run fast and run far. This chick is crazy.

• Dump her. Clear cut case.