No contact rule, does it work?

no contact rule, how long should you go no contact for? even though you have this urge to text your ex...

and does it work to help you get over them? will the dumper miss the dumpee with nc rule?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience, it works more for guys, and only in certain circumstances. It almost never works for girls to get a guy back, though it can help to get over them.

"how long should you go no contact for? even though you have this urge to text your ex..."

For ever. Do not give in to that urge. Ever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it does. It makes sense. If the person doesn't want you now then nothing is going to change that. Right now it's over and this person doesn't want you. So anything you do is just going to push them away further. Distance however gives them time to miss you and reflect upon things. It does also help in the healing process for the dumpee. You can't move on if you keep talking to the person, keeping hope somewhere in your heart. It doesn't work. There needs to be time apart.

• yeah we broke up 2 weeks ago, haven't spoken to him since since he's like 'you can talk/call me anytime you want', took that as a sign to not call and message him ever hahaah

• That is the answer I have been looking for thank you so much!

• @RomanceMan201 My pleasure :) Glad I could help :))