Help... why did my ex start texting me again?

I received a text from my ex on Saturday thanking me for sending his daughter a graduation card with money. He texted me again stating he had driven by my work and noticed my car had some rust on it and suggested I get it taken care of. On to yesterday. I passed him on the road, he honked and we waved. Well apparently he did not see me wave and texted to ask if "I'm too good to wave to him"? Ugh... should I take the texts as just being friendly or are they something more? I know he is really the only one who knows, but as men, why would you be texting those things to your ex? Thanks in advance.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants something. While I would give anything to have a cordial interaction with my ex. I would never go out of my way to start the interaction. Unless I needed something like cooperation. Most likely he wants to relieve himself at your expense.

• Unless you needed something like cooperation? Not sure what you mean. But, I'm under the impression that he's seeing someone... so wouldn't SHE be helping him to relieve himself? Idk. Thanks for responding... I miss my best friend!!! :(

• Your comments lead me to believe you want to reconnect, that's all...

• You are correct. I don't think that will happen though.