My first boyfriend broke up with me about 2 hours ago?

Tomorrow would have been our 1 month. I asked him why, and he said it was because things were getting boring. I believe that this is true because I honestly felt like I was the only one trying. I would ask him questions like what's his favorite artist or favorite food. I wanted to get to know him, but it was like he didn't want to get to know me. He never even asked me when my birthday was until i said something about it. To be honest I'm not upset at all. I'm mad because I feel like I just wasted my time. Someone else could have been my first boyfriend, and I could have had a real first kiss instead of just having him basically try to shove his tongue down my throat. Shoot I even told him that I didn't count it as my first kiss: I haven't cried because I feel no need to, and that doing so would get me no where. In a way I know I'm upset, but only it's a tiny bit, and that's normal. I know that much. It's ok to feel this way though right?
To not really be upset at all and to just feel like I could have been doing something better with my time?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really painful when you realise you are trying a lot more than the other person is. It's more painful when you confront them about it and they say you're being clingy or 'i need some space'.

The problem is that your next boyfriend could be the exact opposite - a super clingy guy who has nothing to do and wants to be with you 24/7. Can you handle it or are you going to do to him what your ex boyfriend just did to you?

The moral is that it is likely to take time to find the one who is willing to change his behaviour (as long as you are willing to do the same) to meet in the middle somewhere so that both of you are happy.

I still don't feel like I've found that girl and I'm coming up to 24 years old so you still have lots of time, miss!

Basically, just hang in there. I know EXACTLY how you feel (as a guy though) and the only way to get through it is to think positively.

What Guys Said 5

• AT LEAST it was only nearly 1 month. but it sounds like it was just about sex for him if he didn't seem interested in any other aspect of your life. use this experience as a learning tool for your future potential BFs. and its okay to feel the way you do, I definitely would if I felt like I was used and lost some of my "first time" moments with a douche lol.

• Yea. I'm going to do exactly that. This is just a lesson for me, and now it's time to keep it moving.

• You got the right mindset:) *two thumbs up*

• Sounds likes it was just all physical attraction for him. You're young, move on, you have time to find a person that genuinely likes you in a personal level.

• first off YOU WILL BE OKAY.. I promise you will. It hurts and that's why they call it breaking up. Never feel like you've wasted your time, because if nothing else you've learned from what you've gone through. Be it who you are, what you want in life, what you want in a guy, what you want in a relationship, it's either a blessing or a lesson.. never a waste. Lastly, from experience, do YOU for a bit and get back on your feet. I'd venture to say that you're not to upset, because you knew you were the one giving the most in the relationship and feel a little relieved in some way that you're not being sucked dry in the relationship. You will find someone that will love you and treat you like you want, but only if you refuse to settle for what you don't want. good luck!

• You're right. All of this is a lesson. Shoot I'm already back on my feet. Tomorrow I'm going to the movies with my friends.

• attta girl! be patient and never settle

• Start a relationship AFTER you know the person and know it's the right choice, not BEFORE you know the person and try to figure out as you invest ever so much energy into them. That's my advice. This seemed a bit rushed, and it ended a bit rushed.

Overall, it's for the better that it ended sooner than becoming a misery over time. Someone who can just dismiss you saying "being with you is boring" clearly isn't worth being with in general, not as a partner and not as a person.

• Time to move on. Cheer up there's better things out there.

What Girls Said 3

• My advice would be if you didn't really know him well, I would say get to know before you open your heart out to him. Because that happened between my ex and I when we first met in middle school I never got to know him or what he was like he just said he liked me and wanted me to be his gf so I jumped. Looking at it now I wish I had waited. Keep in mind though the best relationships start off as friendships. I was the only one doing my part in my relationship my ex was doing nothing except sitting back drinking and making excuses. I hate it when I'm doing all the work and my partner is doing nothing. Next boy you meet, and you want to take it farther into a friendship get to know him that way you want hit your head so quickly. See what he's like, get to know him you know. It seems like your relationship ended rather quickly. Don't just settle for anyone, be without someone you can't go thinking about. You have to get to KNOW the person. You can't just be like, oh I like you let's go out. It takes time for a friendship to grow. You'll be ok, go out and hang out with your friends or go to the movies or something. Explore the world, and meet new people. And lastly, get into a relationship when your ready not when your lonely. I hope my advice helped you cause I was in the same position when I was younger. Good Luck.

• You got experience from it.

• Only a month. You'll be fine in no time. Wait till you get older and you're with people for years and have to break up. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.