Cut my losses and move on or be patient and be there for her?

Long story short (as possible) I broke up with my awesome girlfriend Kayla after a 5 year amazing relationship. I'm 24 and she is 23. We lived together for one of those years and we were also best friends for 6 years prior to dating. I've taken all things into consideration. I miss the love that Kayla and I shared. I miss waking up next to her everyday and kissing her before I leave for work. I miss losing myself in her arms and kissing her when I come home from work and cooking breakfast for her when I had the late shift. I miss the vacations, I miss her family. I miss the life we had together. I don't miss the thought of being with someone just to be with them or the idea of love, I just miss her. If I so much as look or talk to another girl I'm reminded of Kayla. It's constantly Kayla Kayla Kayla everywhere I go. The main reasons were communication but I also mistook contentment and comfortability for unhappiness, which was not the case. We just needed to both put a little more effort into keeping the fire burning. We both got so muddled down with our daily lives, stresses at work and our financial situation that we never really focused on our relationship. Don't get me wrong we hardly ever fought but we never communicated our wants, desires and needs either. We talked about all of it that first night we met after a month of being part. We talked for 8 hours and we're definitely on the same page with what the downfall was and what we need to do to fix it but she needs more time to process everything before getting back with me, which is completely understandable. I'm going out and having fun being myself but also reading up on how to better communicate and express desire to the one you love through self help websites like this. We've been talking 2-3 times a week and we tend to meet up and hang out every other week or so. These conversations and hang outs have been initiated equally. Trying to keep it fun and build trust Need to know should I be patient or move
I wasn't sure if I would get responses but I appreciate all of the criticism. Biggest mistake ever leaving this girl. I know deep down she truly is "the one" but I need to exercise patience and be there when she needs me.
Sorry rosinavalerie22 didn't mean to cote against you. I'm new to this and wasn't sure what I was doing so I started pressing buttons haha

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I say give it some more time. You were together for 5 years, you broke up with her, I think you can give her a few months to sort out her feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should walk away.

I have seen numerous couples split up, get back together only to split up again down the line. You could spend years splitting up and getting back together before finally admitting that things are dead.

Everything in this life is finite, it has a start (the friendship), a middle (the relationship) and an end (the break up).

This relationship has come to its end.