Should you leave even if you know you don't have a reason but something just doesn't feel right?

So you've met someone but you keep getting this feeling that you shouldn't stick around. You can't really put it on anything in particular but you just feel like maybe you should leave. Is this just nervousness you should try to ignore or something you should listen.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you absolutely SHOULDN'T leave until you find a strong reason to do so. Human emotions aren't something which anyone should play with, and leaving someone shouldn't really happen according to your whims and fancies. If you don't have a reason, it may just be nervousness or you wouldn't have found the reason yet. I'd suggest you to stick around and focus on what best you can do to get rid of this feeling. In case you do find some strong and valid reason, then you might as as well leave.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I think you should take the time to try to evaluate how things are in the relationship, is there anything you're unhappy with? Is it insecurity, anxiety about commitment on your part or is it more your partner? If you just don't feel the relationship in the way you should then I think that's a reasonable decision to decide to leave. You won't be investing all of yourself into something you're not entirely satisfied with and your partner will be putting up with a relationship that will be equally unfulfilling for her. I think you should try to pinpoint some reason even if it is a bit vague because if you decide to tell her the relationship isn't right for you, it's only fair to have some reasoning behind it otherwise it will sound like you were never interested, don't care for her feelings or that you're covering something up, eg; there's somebody else.

One of my exes decided the relationship wasn't for him and he kept trying to find excuses rather than just telling me he wasn't feeling it like I did and to be honest it made me feel like he wasn't being truthful. So try to rationalise your thoughts a little before you do anything because it may just be nervousness and 'teething' problems with a new relationship or it might be that there isn't much chemistry between you. Only you can really tell :)

All the best! :)

2|0
    0|0
  • If you don't feel right then what's stopping you? Explain to the person how you feel and that you don't have a reason but you just don't get the vibe anymore. Hopefully they'll understand:)
    Although if you want to try, stick around for a month or so and see how you feel then, if you still don't feel right then pack up and leave, but if you do then stay;)

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be nervous, I agree with another answerer. Can you narrow down why you are feeling this way. Maybe times or things you're doing that make this feeling come forth?

0|0
    0|0
  • If it doesn't feel right and you can't pinpoint it, naybe take a break to figure things out.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I get gut feelings or instincts telling me something doesn't feel right or it does feel right, I tend to listen to my feelings and go with the flow. Sometimes when I get a bad feeling about something its usually right and most times that I do not listen to the bad gut feeling, I end up hanging around to see why I'm feeling this way and in most cases end up facing the consequences. But I believe when I get those feelings I already know the answer as to what I have to do and I just have to go with my gut feeling or go against it and see what happens. In the end its all up to you though

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow your gut.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had that feeling before I didn't know why I was in a relationship with him and something just didn't feel right. I wish I had went with my gut and just came out and told him how I feel but instead I felt like I was played or like he was using me. Like he chewed me up and spit me out. Anywho, we're done and not together anymore which I'm pretty happy about. If you ever feel like your in a relationship with someone and you don't know where you stand I think its time to come out and say what you really feel or what's on your mind. Always go with your gut.

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds like your intuition is sensing something that you cannot consciously see. Trust your gut! If the situation doesn't "feel" right, it probably isn't for a reason yet unknown.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly if you have a gut feelin just leave

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should leave. There is obviously something telling you that you should not be in the relationship. You may not have a particular reason but if you feel this way then the relationship will never work anyway. It is better not to string someone along for too long.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes