Is it possible to breakup with someone you're in love with and still remain friends?

I just broke up with my EX. Literally I love him to death. I dont think he's any good for me and we never spend time with each other. All we do is argue. As bad as I want to just block him out of my life, I still want him in my life. I just wanna remain friends. Do u think its possible?,

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It's nearly impossible to remain friends with someone you still have feelings for, or who still has feelings for you. One person will always want "more", and are effectively torturing themselves by being around the person they have such strong feelings for. That will make things awkward and uncomfortable, and it will either push the less-interested person away or lead to a big fight/confrontation/breakdown.

When you break up with someone, the smart, and often ONLY workable plan is to make a clean, complete break from them so you can emotionally heal. You can be civil to them if you run into them, but you don't try to be "friends."

• Makes A LOT of sense.. I guess whats in the past has to stay in the past. I need to stop trying to figure out ways to keep him in my life, when i need to learn that something's are better left behind.