When you break up with your GF and are 100% done?

Guys (and girls)- when you break up with your GF and are truly 100% DONE, do you have a need to contact her two weeks later to say hello and make chit chat? (And let's say your motivation is NOT to get laid! lol). Especially if you dumped her in a douchey way? When I am done with a guy, I avoid him like the plague - I really don't care what he's doing or care to chat with him, I wouldn't want to give him false hope.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would generally make absolutely no attempt at contact whatsoever. In the situations where an ex contacted me, I usually either ignore them, or (depending on the situation leading to the break up) would just tell them to f*ck off.

It may not necessarily be healthy, but I tend to get over someone by making myself hate them, so at that point, I don't want anything to do with them. Like, to the point that if they got hit by a bus, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. There have been a few exceptions, but on the whole, that's just how I am.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ha! That's a good strategy. My dad used to tell me to remember something physically disgusting about the person, to demystify them, so whenever you start getting melancholy it will snap you out of it real fast.

• Yep, exactly. Using my strategy; whenever I start feeling nostalgic about a particular ex, I end up getting pissed off instead of mopey/depressed. Then I start thinking, "Why in the hell would I want them back? They're a bitch. F*ck them."

Again, not saying it's necessarily healthy, but it works, lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It depends on how we broke up, but if you're like me, you'll break up for a pretty serious reason. So yeah, I would probably be done with them. If they were falling off a cliff, I wouldn't leave them, but yeah. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes I'm the same, but my ex is emailing me and called me with a dumb excuse, telling me he's going to be around all summer and that I should email him when I go away on vacation! Three days into the vaca, he emailed me to see how I was! I tested him and said we should get together and he said, yes we'll hang out, it will be nice to see you... So should I assume he's trying to reconnect?

• Show All
    • Great, I will thanks:)

• You're Welcome :D

• No... im so desperately persistant and carry an abnormal amount of hope that when I've finaly tried everything i finaly disapear and it would very difficult to make me try again after all the effort i expelled trying thefirst time... in fact 2 days ago my love interest finally blocked my clingy ass on facebook... and today i finally emailed her a very sad and final goodbye... that means its up to her if she wants to search for me and convince me... because right now i never existed...

0|0
    0|0
  • Once it's done. It's done. I will not call her. And if she calls me I hang up once I know who it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a need to contact mine 2 weeks later and tell her i hope she gets cancer and her parents get murdered by a random serial killer and that her life sucks forever... yeah... haha... sigh...

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol! Ok that's the kind of contact that would be the most common after two weeks...

What Girls Said 1

• 100% over, i don't mind chatting or staying friends. But the fucking and dating is never going to happen again. Once I close a door it stays closed.

1|0
    0|0
    • Friends is ok after some time has gone by, but not two weeks later, emailing and calling, wanting to hang out and emailing you when you are on vacation asking you how it's going?

• I agree two weeks isn't enough time. Sounds like your ex made an oppsie, and/or is really horny.

• Lol! Probably both:)

Recommended myTakes