When you break up with your GF and are 100% done?

Guys (and girls)- when you break up with your GF and are truly 100% DONE, do you have a need to contact her two weeks later to say hello and make chit chat? (And let's say your motivation is NOT to get laid! lol). Especially if you dumped her in a douchey way? When I am done with a guy, I avoid him like the plague - I really don't care what he's doing or care to chat with him, I wouldn't want to give him false hope.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I would generally make absolutely no attempt at contact whatsoever. In the situations where an ex contacted me, I usually either ignore them, or (depending on the situation leading to the break up) would just tell them to f*ck off.

It may not necessarily be healthy, but I tend to get over someone by making myself hate them, so at that point, I don't want anything to do with them. Like, to the point that if they got hit by a bus, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. There have been a few exceptions, but on the whole, that's just how I am.

• Ha! That's a good strategy. My dad used to tell me to remember something physically disgusting about the person, to demystify them, so whenever you start getting melancholy it will snap you out of it real fast.

• Yep, exactly. Using my strategy; whenever I start feeling nostalgic about a particular ex, I end up getting pissed off instead of mopey/depressed. Then I start thinking, "Why in the hell would I want them back? They're a bitch. F*ck them."

Again, not saying it's necessarily healthy, but it works, lol.