Should marriage be this hard this soon?

been married for two years, married within a year of meeting and didn't live with each other until after we had got married. so far i have found the marriage to be such hard work, moreso than i though, should it be this hard this soon or does this mean we're just not meant to be as a couple. I've been feeling like this since i got married, will this feeling ever go?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Sustaining a happy marriage requires a reasonable amount of effort and work, but sustaining perhaps issue plagued marriages requires hard and resentful work. Now, don't get me wrong, many marriages have their share of ups and downs, but the ups outweigh the downs in marriages when couples are compatible.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love has many phases... in the beginning its the courting phase. That's when everything is so exciting and passionate. Eventually ya get used to each other and the passion seems to die down a bit but hopefully you maintain the love you have for each other. As long as you're caring and nice to each other your love should strengthen and grow. Sometimes though, as people get to know each other better they realize maybe they're not with the person they 'thought' could spend the rest of their life with. It doesn't make either one of you a bad person, it just means you grew apart. Im not sure what phase the love you have for your husband is in but I can imagine how hard marriage can be. Making a commitment to be with someone through the good and bad and love them for who they are throughout can seem difficult at times. You're commitment of marriage is to try and that's the best you can do I guess. I've chosen not to marry thus far in my life. can't say I've met THAT person I could see me spending the rest of my life with... forever just seems like a long time to me, lol. Hopefully your husband is your best friend &if u truly love him then its worth working out. Only you know what its really worth to you & should it not work out, just get out before ya end up hating each other cuz that would be awful, as ya both would end up miserable. They say the first 5yrs is hardest &believe its true, having been in a 10yr relationship myself. We're not together 'in love' anymore. Altho he's still my best friend (in a brotherly sort of way). We could've stayed together but I picture a different kind of love (with whom I spend rest of my life) &why I chose to split. People change. Living &growing with someone can be very hard but if you're able to accept your partner & still be happy then you're doing all right. Hang in there &recall all the wonderful qualities that attracted you in first place. Focus on the good, not the bad. Its the best u can do & then only time will tell. Good luck!