Letting go of the past, and dealing with the future?

How do I slowly leave my ex? Ya we are having a child together in November, but he still thinks it's okay to hang with his ex wife and then when he wants to see me we go to dinner, watch a movie , drive and go do something then always he hints to have sex and I honestly am not dumb , it is a routine and I know he's trying to have his cake and eat it too with both ex and me. I've been through this enough in the past only this time we have a baby... He wants to be in the baby's life, but I don't want to go out of my way to be with him if it's not relating to the baby. I can't take the heartache. How should I go about doing this in a mature way without looking like I'm immature.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Awww I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Honestly I'm not sure I can give advice because I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still good friends with my ex boyfriend. I still go over there o "hang out" and I'll clean, cook for him and he hints he wants me. I can't do it, We've been over for over a year. I go home most nights I see him a just cry.

But about you I think you are so strong for deciding to move on and be independent. I don't know you but I'm proud of you. I think you should just tell him the truth and stand up for yourself. Tell him maybe it's best not to see much of each other till the baby comes and take it from there. The hard part with this is if he wants to be in the baby's life you'll both have to try to be friends. I hope that help maybe a little. Good luck.

• Thank you. I've already taken his name off the car, the insurance, and ya I am living with my parents but I applied for Medicaid, food stamps, and wic, and I'm pretty much doing everything now , somedays I think ya I can do this, then days where I'm crying wishing this wouldn't happen, but you know realizing I've lost a lot of trust in him. I trusted him he won't leave me no matter what, I trusted him that he loved me unconditionally, I put my whole trust in him and this is the result of something that he's shown his true colors. I can't trust him.

• Good for you. Trust me I know how that goes. I moved in with my ex boyfriend. Did everything for him cooked cleaned and when he came home I'd take care of him, and he cheats on me with a girl. He said he couldn't help it. He is bi. I spent some many nights crying over him but I couldn't trust him. Good for you I'm so proud of you. If you ever need a friend or just want to talk message me. You seem so sweet and don't deserve that. Again good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh this is a tough one. I would say to just contact him to let him know how the pregnancy is going. After the birth make arrangements so he can see the baby.