Should I completely let go or give him space to figure himself out?

We were together for 3 1/2 years until this April when he moved out abruptly after I told him to leave for making advancements towards a girl. Since the day he left we have been seeing each other. Me telling him he needs space. Him telling me at times he does but most of the time he tells me I'm still his girl, he loves me, wants to marry me, make plans with me, 3 days ago he admitted to going out with someone else. 2 days before this he was at my house, crying for me to be committed to him. talked to me for hours begging me; that he doesn't know what is wrong with him or why he is going through this but doesn't want to lose me. he has been saying this almost everyday since he left. I told him he needed time. I think he needs to be free for now. After I found out about the girl, he said he doesn't feel the same way about me. His friend took me aside that night and said, to let him go for now but that this man loves me he is just very lost inside right now. That I am the love of his life and he says it all the time. That everyone including my now ex believes we belong together and I should let him go but in 6 months see where things are... My question, am I being delusional? Does this man just want to move on? I'm not waiting around, I'm just deciding if I should completely let go. everyone that knows us says no. But that doesn't mean it's the right answer..

16

Most Helpful Guy

• usually when people have "space" they just think about each other... and what the other person might be doing. Butyah the dude sounds broken up... even his friends are approaching you like "yo, the dude really likes you... and is really sorry." Normally they would've reacted like "Yo you don't need that bitch."

it seems like you don't want to be a total bitch, and ok i understand. I think you have let go. I think his crying might be bothering you a bit... but if he wasn't so emotional "bam!" you'd be cool as a cucumber.
    So he made on an advance on another woman... but hey if the dude is that broken up about it, i doubt he is likely to have even gone through with the whole infidelity

• His closet friend came to me the day after I found out and had a long conversation with me about him. he said we belong together and everyone knows it. To give him time to get out there and be immature. That he is feeling completely lost in life and is self destructing right now. He wants to get drunk, fuck girls and be stupid. But in 6 months or whatever he will realize what the hell he just gave up and if I love the guy i should hold on. Get my life together, let go but still hold on to the idea this man does love me but right now he can't get his shit together. I don't know. I keep reading how "space" means I don't love you anymore. And he did tell me he doesn't feel the same. Though i saw him later that day, and his friend said when I he saw me he couldn't handle it. I don't know. I need real guy advice here.

• he is going to sleep with other girls, no doubt. His best friend told me he was but to not give up. that he is just being a fuck up and its only sex. I should think about the whole picture. he has met new "guy" friends that that's all they talk about. he is in his last year of college (hes 25, he's taking his time) and I think he may be feeling like he needs that last hoorah. But at the end wants me there for his life. He has told me and everyone else he doesn't want to lose me. It's his biggest fear but he can't get it together either. He's a mess. I know he is. But hell... I am too. And don't want to be played.

• this dude is sending you mixed signals. I mean saying he wants you... can't handle being around you.. yet needing to go with other women despite still "wanting you."
      hey he probably does still like you but is simply doing whatever he can to "forget" and make himself feel better about himself. Thats not genuine when you say "i want you," and then he sleeps with melissa. And yea its probably just sex but its obviously not helping him if he can't even glance at you for 2 seconds without sobbing uncontrollably (exaggeration of course).

i wouldn't actually pay attention anymore. I mean if you want answers tell the messenger friend "wtf is going on." This randomness is just going to bring more confusion.
      But id say its time to go out with your friends and have fun. Just stick with who you trust and don't look back.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to wait myself.