How do I let him go? *too short*?

I'm with someone that I know I can never have a lasting, meaningful relationship with because we are on different pages of our lives. I know I should just end things so I can find someone that I can have a relationship with but it's so hard to let go of him.

How do you let go of someone when you don't want to?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this same problem around six years ago... I ignored everyone that told me that we would not work out, I ignored myself and all the obvious signs that were screaming at me. I stayed and stayed and eventually after year, I married him. We were not meant to be together, but I thought things would get better. They never did, after 6 years of a very difficult marriage, we are going through the divorce. My advice to you is to get out of the relationship ASAP!!! The longer you stay, the harder it is going to be to let go and move on. You do not want to waste years of your life thinking things will be different, because no matter how hard YOU try, it just will not work if you already have those feelings now. I wish the best for you and I hope I helped in some way.

What Guys Said 2

• Its easy.
    1. Stop talking to them.
    2. Avoid them.
    3. Cut of all contact with them.
    4. Tell them to stay away from you.
    5. Meet somebody worthy of you.
    6. Then be happy :)

• It doesn't sound like you want to. People in relationships deal with obstacles. It just sounds like you met a few of those.

What Girls Said 2

• I am very wise and familiar of "Trying to let go" myself. It is so hard, believe me, I know what you are going through. For whatever reason, for whatever is Best, it is Always Best to just end it on a Good note, try to remain friends, and I do mean with NO--------Benefits.
    If it is even better for you to move on with No contact, just tell him, face to face, it is..." best we don't keep in touch anymore, and although I still love and care about you, it just wasn't meant to be."
    Good luck. xx

• I'm in the same situation as you... I really need to end things before I end up even more hurt that last time, but it's too difficult, because the minute he walks by the door, all my insecurities goes away and I can't think of a life without him... My advice is, if you feel that he is not so into you as you are into him, and the relationship is not "right", end things once and for all. Cry about it, read books about letting go, listen to sad music and one day you will realise it was the right thing to do! (sorry about grammar, English is not my first language)