How to stop obsessing over an ex who left you?

Hello everyone.

I'd like to know the best ways to stop obsessing over my ex? He recently left me a week ago, and all I feel is sadness. Every day when I wake up, I think of him. He's 18 and I'm 20, and we were together for 7 months. It was random to say the least. A few days prior was fun and we told each other I love you. Then when Saturday came around and he bailed on me, I flipped (he has a history of cancelling on plans). So out of anger I told him not to talk to me for a few days, and he said fine.

Sunday came and I apologized but he refused to talk to me. I guess that's when he made it his way out ticket. When Tuesday comes along, I ask if he was done ignoring me and this is why another fight happened. Later, he said he wanted a "break from me."

So when I went to his house to get my things and give back his, he started crying. When I asked for a real reason to why we're breaking up, he said, "I'm an 18 year old boy and I need to get my life together and that's more important than a relationship." Mind you, since we were together all he ever wanted to do was smoke pot and hangout with friends (which I never liked). When I said I'd leave him alone, he said no and that he still wants to talk to me. Wanted me to wait for him until he was ready to be in a relationship.

At first I agreed but later decided I couldn't do it and that it hurt too much. So he started saying that I was crazy, and a bother. One of the reasons why he left me. That all I do is nag and bitch. So when I said okay, are we officially done? And he says, "that's not what I want but you seem to want it since all I do is hurt you." Which I responded to, "No, it's what YOU want because you refuse to get back with me." Afterward he just said, "YEAH, GOODBYE." Over it.

Even though he was mean and selfish, I'm still thinking about him. I even have his FB password, and it's a big temptation to get on it. What do I do?
2
0