Do I tell my ex how many people I slept with when we were broken up?

Ex wants me back and keeps asking how many people I slept with when we weren't together. I had sex with 7 guys. Do I lie and say none? Do I lie and say only a couple? Tell the truth or ignore the question? I'm not gonna get away with saying what happened when we weren't together doesn't apply to us now, he's super nosey. What would you say/do?
  • Tell the truth
  • Ignore the question
  • Lie and say zero
    Vote C
  • Lie and say only a couple
    Vote D

610

Most Helpful Guy

• What happened then doesn't apply to the here and now, you'll "get away with it" as long as you stand up for yourself. It's the truth, no point in feeding his paranoia, that shit has got to stop or he's just gonna end up being the guy reading your emails when you're not looking. "None of your business, end of discussion."

• Lmao! He's checked my emails b4.

• There's so many red flags that they're obscuring my mental image of this guy. The mistrust and jealousy needs to stop yesterday and if he can't drop that you should seriously consider leaving for greener pastures. What these types needs is control to compensate for their lack of trust. Control can never replace trust so they'll always push the line further and further. It stops or you know what you're in for.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you plan on him not wanting to stay with you, then tell the truth and say seven. I am sorry but 7 people is a lot and that will be a lot for him to take in. Just say that it is really none of his business but if he really wants to know, just keep it simple and say a couple. You really aren't technically lying, it just sounds better than 7 people. If he threatens to break up with you if you don't give the exact number, just tell him the truth and you just leave him because trust me, that will always be on his mind for a very long time. It wouldn't be worth it. When it comes to relationships, never talk about your past relationships and sex life. If a guy you're dating ever is curious to know, keep it as simple as possible and don't give an exact number and never compare your current man to a past boyfriend. I know how nosey people work and if they don't get all the details about what happened, they will go to great lengths to find out an they will always be paranoid.