Do I tell my ex how many people I slept with when we were broken up?

Ex wants me back and keeps asking how many people I slept with when we weren't together. I had sex with 7 guys. Do I lie and say none? Do I lie and say only a couple? Tell the truth or ignore the question? I'm not gonna get away with saying what happened when we weren't together doesn't apply to us now, he's super nosey. What would you say/do?
  • Tell the truth
    Vote A
  • Ignore the question
    Vote B
  • Lie and say zero
    Vote C
  • Lie and say only a couple
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What happened then doesn't apply to the here and now, you'll "get away with it" as long as you stand up for yourself. It's the truth, no point in feeding his paranoia, that shit has got to stop or he's just gonna end up being the guy reading your emails when you're not looking. "None of your business, end of discussion."

2|0
    1|0
    • Lmao! He's checked my emails b4.

• There's so many red flags that they're obscuring my mental image of this guy. The mistrust and jealousy needs to stop yesterday and if he can't drop that you should seriously consider leaving for greener pastures. What these types needs is control to compensate for their lack of trust. Control can never replace trust so they'll always push the line further and further. It stops or you know what you're in for.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you plan on him not wanting to stay with you, then tell the truth and say seven. I am sorry but 7 people is a lot and that will be a lot for him to take in. Just say that it is really none of his business but if he really wants to know, just keep it simple and say a couple. You really aren't technically lying, it just sounds better than 7 people. If he threatens to break up with you if you don't give the exact number, just tell him the truth and you just leave him because trust me, that will always be on his mind for a very long time. It wouldn't be worth it. When it comes to relationships, never talk about your past relationships and sex life. If a guy you're dating ever is curious to know, keep it as simple as possible and don't give an exact number and never compare your current man to a past boyfriend. I know how nosey people work and if they don't get all the details about what happened, they will go to great lengths to find out an they will always be paranoid.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• If he wants to know, tell the truth. If he has a problem, he can find someone else. Do you want him to be in love with the real you or the phony you? If he loves you, it doesn't matter. If it matters, you probably don't want to be with him anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just say that you've slept with a Couple but You Don't Want to say who. And tell him that if he wants you back he has to quit asking and not bringing it up. And just say it was a mistake and you don't want to talk about it at all.

He might have heard that you have slept with so and so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well the truth shall set you free and a good opportunity to test his love.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want him back tell the truth.
    If not its none of his business.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol how long were you separated for? 7 guys is... a lot of men to have inside you

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him the truth if he still wants you back he truly loves you

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it shouldn't matter. You were broke up. My ex is banging some dude. If we got back together I wouldn't be noddy about it. Her business. We were broke up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you lie, there is always a chance that he finds out and then it's going to be really bad for the two of you since there won't be any trust. I also don't know how guilty you would feel lying about it to him and having to live with that for your relationship since I'm guessing he would be pretty pissed if you told him 7 which is on the higher side of things.

I think telling the truth although it upsets him may be the best way to go... Ignoring the question will already put doubt in his mind about the situation.

It's up to you but you're only options really are to lie and say a number you think he will believe and be okay with or to come clean tell him the truth and hope he understands and appreciates your honesty about everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell the truth. Or if you can't, refuse to answer the question. Lying is never a good option

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. Have the conversation now. If you lie and he finds out the truth later, it could doom the relationship. I'm always a believer that being up front about stuff is the best policy. Relationships based on dishonesty always fail anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't lie. Just tell him you don't want to talk about it and he needs to drop it and move on.

2|1
    0|0
    • Perfect answer. I swear guys make me dumb.

• Its hard to do, especially if he's insistent. Just tell him you're committed to him now and thats all that matters :)

• I would ignore the question. If he's the jealous type, it'll only make him upset. It's a pointless discussion to have, and quite frankly, none of his business.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish i was busy as you were. 😉

You should tell him, its not important for him to know... Enough said

1|0
    1|0
  • No it's none of his business. Why don't you ask him the question?

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes