Men or women, if you were dumped by the person you thought was the "love of your life", how did you deal with them moving on?

I'm having a tough time grasping that we will never wake up in the morning together again or lay on the couch watching our favorite shows or all of the other things we did as a couple. Has anyone else gone through this phase? Ugh...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, after it took a year i moved on i realize to myself she wasn't worth the tears i was shedding over her

0|0
    0|0
    • You got keep telling yourself all the bad stuff he did to you wasn't worth it so yes it's better to move on

• Show All
    • Thank you for Most Helpful :) xD

• You're welcome. It's true... he's not worth my tears.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• While time heals, what you do with it is important. Try and take this opportunity to rediscover and better yourself. Stay busy!

0|1
    0|0
  • I might've had that moment once in my life and the only thing that did anything was time:p everything else was just dull and bland

0|0
    0|0
    • What was dull and bland? Your life without her? The new women you dated after her? I've gone on 3 dates and they were awful. I don't think anyone will EVER compare to him.

• yeah I felt the same you did. I put her pretty high on that pedestal when she didn't naturally belong there:p yet I live and learn. dull and bland like everything I used to do on a daily basis or for fun.

• Then they were not the love of my life then. Don't chase, replace.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well duh... I did say you THOUGHT... Obviously I was not the love of his life... he was the love of mine.

• Right now actually. Just keep mowing forward.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm trying, but it seems I take 5 steps forward, he texts me, making me think he cares and I go 20 steps back. I know... block him. I tried and then I missed him and unblocked him. It's the most horrible feeling. You know it too, huh? :(

• Show All
    • I would say so. Play it how you want to.

• Oh yeah... last week he texted me and said he had driven by my work and noticed some rust on my car and suggested I "get it taken care of before it gets too bad". Hmmm... idk, but I don't think that is HIS responsibility anymore, right?

What Girls Said 1

• It took me about 5 months to move on and then I realized I deserved better and not some boy that doesn't know how to treat his girl right and just treats her like a dog and doesn't care for her or anything... I thought he was the love of my life I guess not. Maybe he wasn't ready to be loved or maybe he just wasn't ready to commit?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes