Have you ever broken up with someone and regretted it soon after?

Have you ever dumped someone impulsively, maybe because you were getting very close (intimacy issues), were feeling the relationship was getting boring or got angry at something and overreacted, and regretted it a few weeks later?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• I am usually very tolerant in nature... however, I'm the type of person that I'll take so much until I get to a point that I've had enough. Once I'm there and make a decision on what to do, if that means breaking up, I move on and won't regret it and focus on where to go from that point. Never be impulsive with someones feelings or heart.

• That's a great way to think. My reason for asking is because my ex broke up with me a month ago very coldly and out of the blue. And now he has been calling me and has emailed me twice since I've been away on vacation. Aside from having financial problems, he has been divorced for only a year and is struggling to get over it, so out timing was bad. I don't think he just wants to get laid - I live far from him plus he lives in NYC so finding sex isn't an issue. It doesn't sound like someone who is 100% sure of his decision. What do you think?

• Sorry for the delayed response - thank you so much for your wonderful advice! I really appreciate it;)

• any time... good luck :-)