Have you ever broken up with someone and regretted it soon after?

Have you ever dumped someone impulsively, maybe because you were getting very close (intimacy issues), were feeling the relationship was getting boring or got angry at something and overreacted, and regretted it a few weeks later?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am usually very tolerant in nature... however, I'm the type of person that I'll take so much until I get to a point that I've had enough. Once I'm there and make a decision on what to do, if that means breaking up, I move on and won't regret it and focus on where to go from that point. Never be impulsive with someones feelings or heart.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's a great way to think. My reason for asking is because my ex broke up with me a month ago very coldly and out of the blue. And now he has been calling me and has emailed me twice since I've been away on vacation. Aside from having financial problems, he has been divorced for only a year and is struggling to get over it, so out timing was bad. I don't think he just wants to get laid - I live far from him plus he lives in NYC so finding sex isn't an issue. It doesn't sound like someone who is 100% sure of his decision. What do you think?

• Show All
    • Sorry for the delayed response - thank you so much for your wonderful advice! I really appreciate it;)

• any time... good luck :-)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Well, there was that time when her big sister came and punched me and slapped me a couple of times.. I sure regretted that impulsive bbreak up at THAT time!

1|0
    0|0
  • I never have. but i've never broken up with someone out of fear of something bad happening down the road.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. In fact, I would not enter a relationship with someone whom I did not value to such a point.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I broke up with my ex like the first or second of week of school it was kind of like a shot in my stomach and then weeks later I started regretting it

0|0
    0|0
  • I sure did.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you end things?

• Show All
    • I agree, those other girls are ruining everything! We seem to be going backwards, whats going on? In any case, good luck to you and keep in touch:)

• You too, dating is a pain mostly but it's not when you meet the right one :)

• lol no. I always mean things

0|0
    0|0
    • So if you broke up with a guy and a few weeks afterwards still had the desire to email/talk/hang out with him, would you say that you probably are having second thoughts?

• Show All
    • Me neither but that is what my ex is doing.

• well damn

• I regretted breaking up with my ex the day after.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you break up with him?

• I barely ever saw him anymore for one. The day I decided to break up with him I think we were arguing over something.

• Yes that's happened to me a few times with the same guy. And we always got back together the next day

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes