Ended things with a guy that didn't love me?

I ended a 1.5 year long relationship because the guy I was dating didn't love me.

I did the right thing right? He didn't want to end things but if he doesn't love me by now then he never will right?

I just feel so sad and the easy thing to do would be to just stay with him. Leaving him was so hard but I think I did the right thing.

It just really really hurts

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you sure he didn't actually love you? My boyfriend was actually really just frightened in admitting that he loved me for a while because he told me he didn't want his heart to be broken again.

The question I want to ask is, why didn't he want to end things? To me, if he didn't want to end things, he must have cared for you - I know I don't know the whole story and everything. Being in a 1.5 year long relationship... a guy has to be committed to stay in something that long. Some people just take a *while* to actually say "I love you" to someone. Depending on the person... the time just ranges.

Just a thought.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • How did you get your bf to open up to you about that?

I know in his past he's fallen in love very quickly and it didn't work for him. But with me, we've been together longer then some of his last relationships and he after all this time, he still doesn't love me. I figured at this point it's hopeless for me

• Did you know he loved you before he said it?

• Not a clue. He used to tell me that he didn't think he could ever "love" me like that, so I believed him. I was just happy that I found somebody who cared about me enough to treat me with respect. To feel wanted and needed