Ended things with a guy that didn't love me?

I ended a 1.5 year long relationship because the guy I was dating didn't love me.

I did the right thing right? He didn't want to end things but if he doesn't love me by now then he never will right?

I just feel so sad and the easy thing to do would be to just stay with him. Leaving him was so hard but I think I did the right thing.

It just really really hurts

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you sure he didn't actually love you? My boyfriend was actually really just frightened in admitting that he loved me for a while because he told me he didn't want his heart to be broken again.

The question I want to ask is, why didn't he want to end things? To me, if he didn't want to end things, he must have cared for you - I know I don't know the whole story and everything. Being in a 1.5 year long relationship... a guy has to be committed to stay in something that long. Some people just take a *while* to actually say "I love you" to someone. Depending on the person... the time just ranges.

Just a thought.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • How did you get your bf to open up to you about that?

I know in his past he's fallen in love very quickly and it didn't work for him. But with me, we've been together longer then some of his last relationships and he after all this time, he still doesn't love me. I figured at this point it's hopeless for me

• Show All
    • Did you know he loved you before he said it?

• Not a clue. He used to tell me that he didn't think he could ever "love" me like that, so I believed him. I was just happy that I found somebody who cared about me enough to treat me with respect. To feel wanted and needed

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• What does love have to do with a relationship. Love is not a requirment for marriage what makes you think it is needed in a boyfriend girlfriend situation?

0|0
    0|0
    • Of course it's a requirement. It's the most basic requirement

• He didn't express emotional affection to you? if not then you gave him enough time out of your life.

0|0
    0|0
    • He did express affection, just not love

• Show All
    • Yes and that's what kept me around for so long but it's not real you know? He doesn't love me, he's never said it. It's just frustrating at this point

• Im sorry... thats sucks... well hopefully it wasn't you... and he was emotionally incapable of sincerely opening up his heart to anyone.

• Are you sure he didn't love you? I was once in a relationship and i never said 'i miss you' or 'i love you' to my then gf because the thought of saying it was 'odd' to me. A lot of it was because i never expressed any sort of affection or said any of those things to my parents nor siblings and so it was odd to say those things and so i never said it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I really liked/loved her a lot..

• I really don't know. I can't tell and it's so frustrating :(

• :\
      Maybe he does love you..

What Girls Said 4

• You did do the right thing. Why suck up good time in your prime years that might be wasted? You can't get those years back. I know it hurts, but if a man is not on the same page and doesn't love us back, what good is it to stay? He would not have changed his feelings and this would have left you hurt and unhappy. So it's hard now but you're better off.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah you're right. This is better to end it now before I waste even more time with him. Thanks

• You did the right thing, don't worry !
    Cause think about it... even if you don't have that in mind, dating leads to marriage, which is the ultimate goal right?
    So you must be with someone who loves you as much as you love him in order to work (:

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you know he didt love you girl

0|0
    0|0
    • He's never told me that he has and we've been together for a while

• You're obviously smart for leaving him if he treated you badly. It'll be hard moving on but once you do, you'll probably find a guy head over heels for you

0|0
    0|0
    • He didn't treat me badly, he just never said that he loves me

Recommended myTakes