How do I break up with my attached, sensitive boyfriend?

I've been dating this guy named Michael for a few weeks now. The first week was great, but after that, it seemed all he wanted to do was kiss and make out with me. And honestly, that's not what I want the foundation of our relationship to rest upon. We barely see each other, maybe twice or three times a week, and if he says I love you, it's usually through a retweet on Twitter, rather than him saying it himself. Where as I can't even say I love you back, because clearly, I don't. One problem is: it's about to be his birthday in four days, and that wouldn't be a pleasant b-day present... Second problem is: I'm not sure how to dump him without hurting his feelings. He's not exactly the type of guy to be friends with after a relationship, so that's not gonna work, although I still want to be friends with him. Help?

Updates:
By the way, he's going to a different school next year, so I wouldn't have to see him at all

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You are Obviously an honest girl so why stop now? He's Not your type, you're looking for much more, and the chemistry is Not the kind of sparks and fourth of July you are Into with him.
    Although in 'Four days' it's Michael's Big day, and you're in a party pooper problem here, I believe, so as to Not to top his cake with any Bad icing, perhaps it would be Better to Wait until after the fact. Buy him a special gift, not too mushy, for even friends do this for one another, but when it comes to locking lips, just explain to him you are not feeling well.
    Let things go for a few days, and when you are able to see him face to face Again, sit him down and Then explain to him how you feel. Of course he will be distraught and heart broken, but it's best to end it now, then a few Months from now, when he is really Hooked on More than your lips... And I don't mean This in a sexual way. I am talking about just You he would be attached to.
    If he has a hard time in you both being friends, then tell him you are sorry, but that's the way the party ends... Tell him you are Not ready for a Real Relationship at this time, you're still too young, and you're Only looking for friends right now.
    Good luck. xx

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, I'll definitely try that! :)

• Great, sweetie! Hope this makes things just a bit easier so you can at least enjoy your holiday Friday. xx

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• After just a few weeks, barely seeing each other? Just tell him you're not ready for a relationship.. but DO wait until after his birthday! He can't be THAT tied up with such a distant relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no such thing as dumping someone without hurting them. I just went through this and it was really hard. You may have to pick up your boot straps and just rip the bandaid off. Maybe assure him that you're not taking this lightly either. People are going to get hurt. You've been hurt once or twice I'm sure. It's not easy but for the better.

1|0
    0|0
  • This question makes no sense what-so-ever

0|0
    1|0
  • 1. Sometimes we loose friends that's just life
    2. There's no such thing as a painless break up you gotta do it like a bandaid
    3. Seeing that your still in school I promise you things will eventually end up okay. Not immediately but eventually.
    4. Be safe. If you can do it in person but if your afraid stay away

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I broke up with someome about 5 days before his birthday.. It wasn't nice but I couldn't handle beeing with him another minute, even if we didn't see each other everyday.
    Just tell him the truth, that you don't feel like you're at the same page. And if you don't want to be friends with him just leave it at that, he'll get the message... or he'll stalk you - just kidding ! hehe
    Since you won't be seeing him anymore, I think you'll be okay (;

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes