Guy stops contact with me for a long time, everything was great?

A while ago, this guy and I have been speaking online, and we got along really well. We cared for one another and listened to each other's problems and everything. Then about October of 2013 he said he had to undergo surgery, of course I was worried. He also said if he were gone for a while it was because of that. Seven months and nothing from him since. I assumed he wasn't going to ever speak to me again, so I moved on.
He lied to me.
He was doing just fine. I found out that he was down in Florida with his parents. He lied.
And today I found out that he has got a girlfriend.
I have a boyfriend now, but I can't help but feel betrayed and hurt. All this time I have been wondering, where is he, what is going on?
He just left me.

01