How to break it off with a guy you've been talking to for one year?

I finally grew up and realized that the guy I loved and kept talking to for one year was a player. He made me feel special , lead me on, and never said he loved me. As stupid as I was I kept talking and going out with him until I realized he was flirting with ten other girls and that I had wasted one stupid year for a nobody and a liar. I want to break it off with him , make him stop talking to me because everytime we fight he sweet talks me back. How can I really break it off? Without telling him I liked him cause noway in hell im gona do that. I don't care what he'll think about me I just want him to hate me and stop fucking talking to me. Also im not his girlfriend so i can't mention other girls.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha! Dats what players do. They use sweet words to charm yall. They sweet talk to cast their spells on yall.
    can't say words are stronger than actions =P
    Juz gotta do what chu gotta mang. In all honesty, he doesn't mean what he says so why care? He said all dat to thse ten other gurls so why even bother? Unless ur exaggerating which im hoping u arent. Juz delete his contact and cut him off. Simple as dat. Now dat u realize sweet talkers are 90% players most of da time so u gotta be cautious from now on. I warn ya :3

0|0
    0|0
    • Those sweet talks are juz meant to keep u around. Man im jelly dat he got all ten cuties for himself >.<
      U fall too easily for his sweet words, those are juz lies but whatever u do is up to u. Make a smart choice base on what u see is right..

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that its over, then leave. Don't listen to anything he has to say. Just walk away and don't look back. It takes one person to break up, and two people to get back together. Don't give yourself the fate you know you don't want, nor deserve. You need someone who will be focused on you and not flirt.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank you but I can't just tell him its over with no reason. He'll keeping chasing me back. Also there was nothing official between us from the beginning so I can't say its over. Maybe if i tell him I love someone else? He'll back away?

• Just tell him that you want him to leave you alone and there's nothing left that he can do.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• block him on your phone, FB, and whatever other social sites you are on. You aren't going to get him to hate you, he will figure its your loss if you stop talking to him. Just block him, and move on with your life. Brooding over it isn't going to make it better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since you are not his girlfriend, why would you care so much he flirting with other girls? Did you fall in love with him?

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you don't want to have this relationship with him. You're interested in pursuing other guys and you want to break it off. Then just don't listen when he tried to "sweet talk" you back it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Erase all contact by blocking him? Its actually easy, up to you to do it. Get rid of him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just flat out tell him it's over.

If he's been playing you for a whole year, you don't need to give him a reason. You don't owe him any explanation, if he's been treating you like shit this whole time. He already knows he's a douchebag and the only reason he'll want you back is to inflate his ego further. Don't give into his pleas, he's just trying to keep you wrapped around his finger.

If you firmly tell him to fuck off, his confidence will be crushed.

"How dare she smarten up on me? I had her right where I wanted her. I won't let her get away with this, how dare SHE break up with me?" Que fake apologies and more bullshit.

If you want him to hate you, you can always just tell him to his face that you know he's a player piece of shit and you want nothing to do with him. He'll definitely get mad at that and probably call you all possible names under the sun, most primarily focusing on the word "slut".

1|0
    0|0
  • just block his number and from social networks

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes