Ladies, have you ever left someone you loved, and loved you back just so you could have more sexual freedom?

After being with my ex for 6 months, and her being the first person I feel I could actually say I loved, and she told me she had been waiting for me to tell her I loved her because she fell in love with me after two months, she left me through a Facebook message, and blocked me before I could respond. Essentially, she told me that she couldn't continue to be with me because she wanted more freedom to explore, as I was the first person she was
ever with.
I understand the need for freedom, but what I'm confused by is the day before she spent the night and told me she loved me, and that she was so glad I was in her life. Now, I haven't seen or heard from her in two months, and according to her former best friend, is now seeing some "trust fund, rich kid, asshole with no respect for women, and no understanding of how real life works outside of his daddies money." (Her exact words)
I generally a pretty stable guy, but since she left me I've had awful depression, an overwhelming sense of dread looming over me, and bone crushing anxiety, what I don't unstand is the "why" of it all. Any responses would be much appreciated.

20