Have you ever broken up with someone and it was a mistake?

The question is in the title. Tell me your story of a time that you broke up with someone and it was a mistake.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Christmas, 2006:
    My friend gave me her friend's number and said "Text her, she's bored." I started talking to her, we got to know each other, and hit it off immediately. We were fifteen then and we started a long-distance relationship (never do that) and it lasted until her step father broke us up. She was everything I loved about women.

Christmas, 2009:
    That other girl was nothing more than a story at this point. I started dating on and off with a girl from high school. After the experience with the first girl I had become very closed off and had a hard shell to crack. This girl has lived a really tough life with a less-than-adequate mother and guys that were just terrible, causing her to build up the same kind of shield. After going out a few times she was scared of the way she started feeling for me because I'm the only guy who's ever been at least decent with her, respecting er boundaries, not making unwelcome sexual advances, always having a good time together, etc... Well, we were too self-protective for our own good, so she moved out of state with her Granny, giving her a lot more time to spend by herself on the phone with me. We established stronger feelings this way and she eventually moved back in with her mother to be with me. This took until 2012, her calling me for consolation on her terrible boyfriends, anything bad going on she would come to me for comfort.

Well, she moved back and then in April, the first girl from 2006 contacted me through Facebook. We started talking again, and fell back in love just as easily as before. I agreed to move to Alaska for her, because we were positive that it was meant to be. I spent years with this other girl from high school, being the one that would never hurt her and I ended up leaving her for this thick in Alaska. How did that go? Well, we lasted from August, 2012 to May, 2014. Now I'm back in California, single, kissing some major best friend ass hahaha! I hope you enjoyed and learned from this story.

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up with my ex when he came to my high school it was like the second week of school. I was a sophomore and he was a freshman. I wrote him something but he was like, Anaya what's this? I told him it was something that I wrote for him. So I went over and talked to him and told him how treated me and how he made me feel. He chewed me up and spit me out, and cheated on me as well. And I told him I had to go, so I left the table and as I was walking to first period and started regretting breaking up with him. So the next day I asked him if I could talk to him and let him chose what he wanted and he did and I asked him did you chose he was like yes and I have a girlfriend now. It was kind of a shock to me, the other day I asked him are you okay he just looked at me weird. Going to school was hard cause I had to see his face everyday and I just couldn't do it, and he always stared at me. We didn't talk for 5 months and then once those five months were up he came to me and said he loved me and gave me a hug. I wanted to say let me go but I let my instincts get the best of me. Then March 2013 he broke up with me in the morning at the table, it was like being slapped with the truth. He just left me confused, I cried and I tugged onto his arm but he was like I gotta get back to my friends and just left me with tears in my eyes. I felt like I was played with if I had kept on walking none of it would have probably ever happened. His loss though not mine, he treated me like a dog. Why date someone who rather do drugs then been with a girl that can give them anything/everything. I've learned to forget him it was hard but it was worth it, he doesn't deserve me and I don't deserve him. He needs time to figure out what a relationship is because it was like I was teaching him. And I was just like I don't know what else you want to do besides leave. At least I've healed and finally know/realize what I want in a relationship. I learned a lot from going back to my ex bf.