Should I write a letter to ex or not?

My ex
Boyfriend and I broke up a year and a half ago. Sometimes I am still sad about it but I forgive him. Should I write him a letter?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Never look back. You had good reason at the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It might help to write the letter even if you never send it. I've found this helps me when I have unresolved feelings/issues with someone- I'll write a letter as if I'm actually saying all of the things I want/need to say to them, get it all out.

Then I put the letter away for a few days or a week and re-read it to decide if I want to actually send it to the person. Most of the time, I really don't. I usually find myself feeling better having just expressed all those feelings and don't see the need to dredge them up again with the other person.

But, if you do decide to send the letter, I must advise you to edit it. The first one might be exactly how you feel, but it also might not be the clearest or fairest way of expressing yourself. Go over it a couple of times before sending it and ask yourself how you would feel if it were you receiving it from your ex.

Also, as Mrs. Feathers said, you can't expect the letter to solve everything that was wrong between you- it might resolve things for you, but it's unlikely to help you get back together with your ex.