Confused on what he wants when he's getting married?

This guy and I dated four years ago and he's engaged now. It broke my heart to hear it from my friends a part of me wished it was me. Everyone said it wouldn't even work it because she's not his type. I never had contact with him but all of a sudden he came back. My friend told me he asked her why I wasn't with her at the fair. She posted a bunch of pictures on her Facebook and he messaged her. I mean yes it was kind of strange I wasn't there since her and I do everything together. But he shouldn't be so worried since he's getting married right? We haven't spoke for four years. So she replied that I was sick with the flu and on top of that I broke my leg (dance injury). He told her that he should be there for me since no one else would.
Which explained why he showed up at my door I was kind of shocked to see him but kind of happy. I did yell at him for all those missed years but he just stood there saying he knows and he was very sorry. He helped me to my room or practically carried me (my rooms upstairs but I've been sleeping on the couch). It felt like we picked up where we left off but it felt wrong since he was getting married. We spent a lot of days together and he wants me to begin physical therapy to get me back on my feet and that he will pay. When I told him he should go and this was wrong he just said that I needed him. I asked if he still had feelings for me and he weaseled around it. I did some investigating from his friend and he said his fiancé and him have been fighting a lot and he's been second guessing it saying maybe I'm the one he should marry? I can't walk away obviously. I've tried to remind him of his fiance but he just brings up past memories. I did find it a bit weird that he probably was watching me from my friend's Facebook.

10