I just broke up with a guy and the guy called the police. Is that common in Europe?

I was just broke up with this Swedish guy on this Thursday. we had the relationship for 4 months. i am a Asian girl. at the beginning. he want to break up with me all the time. once I asked him could he accompany with me a bit more and he want to break up cos he thought I don't want him enjoy his hobbies. yeah! the beginning is always hard. the cultural is different and I always hurt and then explained to him there was some misunderstanding. and then we really had a lot fun during the past two months and we fell in love with each other. i had a very tough time recently and he treated me a bit tough recently. so this Thursday we had a big argument and I got super sad and angry. he said we were done and I agreed. but several hours when I claimed down. I realized it was misunderstanding and really wanted to fix it. so I went to his place. but he was rude to me. threw all my stuffs outside. i got angry again. we started argu and he threw me out of the chair and push me out. i was crying and really need calm down then I could go back to my place. so I said I need time then I would go back. but he can not Wait for it and several mins later he called the police and said I have no right to enter into his place. i had to run away. the next day. i wrote a letter to him to explain and still try to fix it cos I donot think this is so serious and even evolve the police. but when he received it. he said he would keep it as an evidence. if I disturb him again. he will call the police again. i was totally shocked. he even told his father and his father thought I was crazy and he should keep the letter. he told me he called the police once he want to break up with his ex gf. he thought his ex was a psycho. several days ago. he called the police cos it was noisy outside he can not fall asleep the whole night. is this so common in European? My heart is totally breaking. i am so sad and can not move on.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You need take all your belongings and leave the guy he's trouble,
    he is being childish, he is threatening you with the police I'm sure
    you can do better than him but don't jump into a new relationship
    cause as you can see he is mixed up with issues but i wish you
    the best of luck

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank u for u advice. I already pick up most of the belongings. and returned back his stuffs. i am accepting the relationship is gone. hope he will be well in the future and do not call the police when he break up with the next one

• Show All

• Your Welcome:) xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Well one thing is clear: he does not respect you anymore and does not want you anywhere near him. I know it hurts but it won't get any better if you continue trying to talk to him. This relationship is clearly over. Let go and forget him, you don't have much of choice there.
    It is hard to say from only what you wrote but he doesn't sound like a very nice person anyway. European or not has nothing to do with it though, people are all different.

And yes, if he asks you to leave his home and you refuse, he has the right to call the police.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank u. i will. maybe I was too serious about this relationship. he brought me to his hometown and met his family. the culture is different. in my hometown it means the guy really want to stay with me for a long time. But whatever. as u said. i had no choice. i must let it go

• I am sorry you were hurt. But it's life. I am sure you will be fine, just try to learn from this experience. Best of luck to you! :)

• I was shocked twice. first the police. second. the letter. i wrote the letter which try to explain it was not as he thought and hope he will be fine. some explanations and encouragement. But he keep it as an evidence. thank u for ur encourage.:-). i will be fine

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I'm getting the feeling that this isn't the entire story, would be interesting to hear his side

But to answer the question, no. Civilized people in any country do not act this way

1|1
    0|0
    • We both did some thing wrong. i admitted. we all have duty on this relationship...

• Two sides to every story. I'd be more inclined to believe his side. People don't just call the police. What did you do to get him to call the police. The truth please.

1|0
    0|0
    • I said I need several mins to clam down , to stand up, to go away. he said ok. and went back to his room. and few mins later he called the police... I also hope to know why? cos I just need time to clam down and go. it was night. i need to clam down and go back home safety by myself. i guess he used to find the police to fix the problem. cos this is not the first time he called the police when he break up

• A bit strange, but something gives me the feeling that you don't tell us the whole story... That's your version of it, where is his? I have much experience with "Asian girls", mostly as a pastor in counselling, and I know that they can be very violent - and that's a reason to call the police.
    Beside that he probably forbade you earlier to come to his place again, you didn't listen - and yes, that's another reason to call the police as the law says that the owner of a place can forbid people to enter their places and if the others don't listen, they can call the police to enforce their right.

Of course, he exagerated. I just feel, we don't know the whole story. It looks like you did everything right and he's the jerk, that can't be the whole truth.

0|1
    1|0
    • I meet a problem and want to got help from him. he answered it but said I made a mass. he was a bit tough to me. sometimes I want to ask him question. but he always said seems like I know nothing. i got angry and went back home to clam down. and he always thought I often got angry. so he want to break up. he want to my place first and got his stuff and blame me a lot. i said nothing cos I do not want to raise argu again. he said I had nothing to say cos he is right and I am totally wrong. laterly I want to his place when I clam down. but he behave like that. he is 80kg. i am just 53kg. so he can easily threw me out of the chair and pushed me. i even can not touch him. and after he call the police. i totally shocked. i admitted I throw a can to him and it beat his tooth and then I runned away. we never fight with each other before.

• Show All
    • That's the very reason why you never start anything with somebody you regularly meet in other contexts... Just a piece of advice for the future: Find people far away from your regular circles: No friends, no co-workers or co-students, etc...

• Thank u for ur advice. yeah! i realized it. i will follow ur advice

• If someone wants you to leave his house then pick up your stuff and leave. Why would you even stay with someone like that.
    And i think one of you two is a psycho.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was totally shocked. cried too much and even can not stand up again. so I want to clam down and then I can go away.

• nevermind. he is a psycho and I don't even know how psychos like that can keep a girl longer than me. why would you still to back to him after this. I think this is the new absolute way of rejection.

0|0
    0|0
    • We came back to his hometown two weeks ago and I met his family. they were kind to me. i come from Asian. i am traditional. i had some thing with him. so I was still have hope. tried to fix... but...

• europeans are not like that psycho. not at all. you can be traditional but have to find some1 who liked it too

• Thanks for ur advice. yeah. i should...

• Stop trying to steal his shit, female.

0|0
    1|1
    • I returned back all his stuffs and I still have some stuffs at his place but I do not care. whatever, have u stolen the shit from others and addicted on it? male!!

• Girls like european boys?

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh it is Sweden. Nothing surprises me about that country. I guess feminism is backfiring on women there now. LOL.

0|0
    2|0
    • You just have to move on.

• Show All
    • Good luck :-) It's normal to be upset from a break-up. You'll feel better soon

• Thank u. hope I will. i just so sad and always thought have I done anything wrong...

What Girls Said 2

• People stay in a abusive relationships for years, never getting the police involved. Everything was great between you for 2 months, then suddenly he's calling the cops on you. Hmm...

How about you tell the full story? And I mean the actual truth, not this half-assed side of the story that makes you out to be an innocent victim.

1|0
    0|0
    • I reply it to some commenters. u can find it if u interested. i don't think it is all hid faults. but he should treated it so serious. i said it was just went well two months. he was mean to me at the beginning. and I obeyed him this two months so I had this two peaceful months. obeyed means i agree him all the time

• Show All
    • No, I am not a Swedish girl.

I'm a girl, who think generalizing an entire continent full of various countries and cultures based on ONE SINGLE PERSONAL experience is beyond ignorant.

• Alright. i just want to get advice from here. the big title is to attract. there is no meaning of what u thought

• Why would you wan't to go back to a guy, who clearly does not wan't you? You obviously did something to freak him out, so let the guy go.
    Yes, it's common to call the police if your ex is psycho, but no it's not common to call the police, if you just wan't your ex to let you go.

0|1
    0|0
    • He was a bit tough to me when I asked him the question about some research. i got angry cos I did not know it but he can treat me as a nice way not that harsh. said I know nothing and some badwords. it happened twice. this time. i got angry and went back home to clam down. he really want to break and said we r done. then this happened. i have not did anything werid. two weeks ago he just told me he was too mean to me and always want to break up with me at the beginning

• If he is mean and violent to you, then you should be the one calling the police.

• Yes. but if I call the police. he will be fired. i do not want to destroy his whole life.

Recommended myTakes