Why does it seem that guys will be so sweet and loving and then break up with you out of the blue?

My friends and I were sharing break up experiences and we all have been in situations where our BF's were being so loving and more affectionate and attentive than ever, and then seemingly out of the blue, broke up with us. I know that it is never really "out of the blue", but why the extreme 180 sometimes? When I am on the fence with someone, usually the other person will sense something is off. Have we done something and you are not being 100% honest? Is it commitment issues?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually his behavior right before the 180 is all an act. The love and affection is fake. He will start to lose interest gradually, but make the appearance that everything is ok. To you everything seems normal and fine. For him his interest gradually depletes but he doesn't want to talk about, or hurt your feelings or simply doesn't want to deal with and just ignores it and pretends everything is fine. This fake act will go on for as long as he can tolerate it. Basically the relationship is on borrowed time. Then all it takes is one thing to set him off. Enough is enough and it becomes the straw that breaks the camel's back. For sure he is not being honest with you, but actually the commitment is strong. He is staying with you longer than he wanted. Once he started having a problem or losing interest he should have sat down with you and had a talk about why.

• My ex was fresh off of a divorce so he wasn't emotionally available. I was his first relationship since his marriage and I think he was still hung up on his ex, so he wasn't 100% into our relationship. He also had just lost his job and was broke, so there were a lot of factors there. I think he enjoyed being with me and cared for me so he continued with it, but in the end realized the timing was bad and he just wasn't in the headspace for anything serious as he hadn't healed yet from his divorce. Two months before he broke up with me he started getting friendlier with his ex also which was a bit of a red flag...

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of things. This recently happened to me.. I think it's commitment issue. My guy was in a 6 year long relationship that ended last year
    His ex moved on and is pregnant. so a lot of factors here could have made him run

• yes my ex was fresh off of a divorce and was still hung up on his ex, that was obvious. There was no room for me. Plus he lost his job and was broke