Why do man hide their feelings?

My ex husband and I have been divorced for 4 months.. He rushed with the process.. The thing is we are still in each other lives. One min he wants me the next he wants his space.. recently we had no contact for 4 months until a month ago he reach out to me. Of course we hooked up.. but than ask me why do I still have hope? I don't know if he is still anger with me because I did crazy stuff when he left me (like change his passwords.. read his text messagea.. etc.) or dose he still love me.. He tells me he still thinks about me... but having sex with me there is no feelings.. is that true please help

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do men hide their feelings? This can be a rather complex issue, I say this because many men don't even really understand their emotional landscape if you will, this being said, when they do experience more complex and or conflicted feelings they aren't even aware of what it is exactly they are feeling, so with this in mind they are ill disposed to try to put those feelings into words. Now on the other hand if they are a little more well versed with their EQ (emotional quotient) and they are still concealing their feelings, this may be done out of a strategic reason, in that by concealing their feelings they feel they are better protected and more secure with their ability to control a situation. This can be the result of insecurity about them selves or perhaps a situation they don't feel comfortable with. Given what you have said, despite the fact that he says there are no feelings when you are having sex, he may very well still have feelings for you (yes even during sex). Realistically if you want to know why he is hiding feelings you have to ask him, which might be a bit of a challenge. Overall it sound to me like he has some growing to do before you find anything out from him in regards to what he is or isn't feeling. I hope this helps.

What Guys Said 4

• He doesn't have any REAL feelings for you anymore. This type of relationship you two now have is based more on jealousy and control rather than real emotional connections.

I suggest forcing yourself to completely move on from your past marriage, and putting it in the past once and for all. Easier said than done, but it will be the best option in the long run.

• Hooking up could just mean he was horny, men will sometimes have sex if the opportunity presents itself even if it's not out of love. He might still have some leftover feelings for you but I think that's just normal after a relationship ends, but the question is whether those feelings are sufficient to form the basis of a relationship. It doesn't sound like it. I must admit I would be pretty put off by things like changing passwords and reading text messages. If he asks you 'why you still have hope' I think that sounds a bit cruel on his part.

• If he asks you 'why do you still have hope' and he makes an effort to be with other girls then it's probably over. Guys might hook up because they're feeling horny. It's normal for there to be some leftover feelings at the end of a relationship and especially marriage, obviously he will still sometimes think of you but those leftover feelings don't mean there's enough feelings to form the basis of a relationship.

• Because society pressures us too that is one thing that in every country pressures us men to do or even males for that matter to hide our feelings or at least not cry.

What Girls Said 0